- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Today 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Today 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Today 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Today 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Today 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Dennis Rodman crying on CNN while Trump meets with Kim Jong-un is quintessential 2018
President Donald Trump on Monday had a 13-second handshake with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un for a historic meeting in Singapore, BuzzFeed News reported. Meanwhile, former NBA player Dennis Rodman cried while wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat on CNN, cementing this day as a pinnacle of the weird political timeline we inhabit.
Rodman told the news network from Singapore he had always been a supporter of North Korea, even while he was threatened for defending the country. He also said former President Barack Obama never gave him “the time of day” on the subject.
“It’s a great day. I am here to see it. I’m so happy,” Rodman said, becoming emotional throughout the interview.
"Today is a great day," former NBA star Dennis Rodman says in an emotional interview in which he describes his relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un https://t.co/atvQwe7jo0 pic.twitter.com/dEgQf3kBtE
— CNN (@CNN) June 12, 2018
Rodman also plugged Potcoin, the marijuana-centered cryptocurrency that sponsored his trip.
I’m not sure it’s possible to capture an entire era in one image, but Dennis Rodman running a cryptocurrency grift on live TV from the North Korea summit while wearing a MAGA is a serious nominee https://t.co/Qs7aQ4w6n8
— Benjy Sarlin (@BenjySarlin) June 12, 2018
I feel like Dennis Rodman crying on CNN is one of those things someone from the future will be sent back in time to stop
— Shoshana Weissmann, Sloth Committee Chair (@senatorshoshana) June 12, 2018
On Twitter, conservatives celebrated Trump’s meeting with Kim—and Rodman’s heartfelt support of it.
Trump and Kim are expected to discuss a contingent path to end to North Korea’s nuclear weapons program. Although the president has admitted it’s possible the plan “won’t work out,” on Monday he tweeted there was “excitement in the air” surrounding the meeting.
Over the weekend, Trump distanced himself from E.U. leaders by backing out of the G7 summit to meet with Kim. The tension between Trump and Western European leaders is so great that even top-level officials were reposting memes about it.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.