- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Sunday 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Sunday 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Sunday 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
President Donald Trump on Monday had a 13-second handshake with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un for a historic meeting in Singapore, BuzzFeed News reported. Meanwhile, former NBA player Dennis Rodman cried while wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat on CNN, cementing this day as a pinnacle of the weird political timeline we inhabit.
Rodman told the news network from Singapore he had always been a supporter of North Korea, even while he was threatened for defending the country. He also said former President Barack Obama never gave him “the time of day” on the subject.
“It’s a great day. I am here to see it. I’m so happy,” Rodman said, becoming emotional throughout the interview.
"Today is a great day," former NBA star Dennis Rodman says in an emotional interview in which he describes his relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un https://t.co/atvQwe7jo0 pic.twitter.com/dEgQf3kBtE— CNN (@CNN) June 12, 2018
Rodman also plugged Potcoin, the marijuana-centered cryptocurrency that sponsored his trip.
I’m not sure it’s possible to capture an entire era in one image, but Dennis Rodman running a cryptocurrency grift on live TV from the North Korea summit while wearing a MAGA is a serious nominee https://t.co/Qs7aQ4w6n8— Benjy Sarlin (@BenjySarlin) June 12, 2018
I feel like Dennis Rodman crying on CNN is one of those things someone from the future will be sent back in time to stop— Shoshana Weissmann, Sloth Committee Chair (@senatorshoshana) June 12, 2018
On Twitter, conservatives celebrated Trump’s meeting with Kim—and Rodman’s heartfelt support of it.
Trump and Kim are expected to discuss a contingent path to end to North Korea’s nuclear weapons program. Although the president has admitted it’s possible the plan “won’t work out,” on Monday he tweeted there was “excitement in the air” surrounding the meeting.
Over the weekend, Trump distanced himself from E.U. leaders by backing out of the G7 summit to meet with Kim. The tension between Trump and Western European leaders is so great that even top-level officials were reposting memes about it.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.