- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Saturday 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Saturday 7:00 AM
- 12 must-see music documentaries on Netflix Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Saturday 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Saturday 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Saturday 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
Beto O’Rourke proves he’s cooler than Ted Cruz by shredding a Whataburger parking lot
More like… Shreddo O’Rourke.
So pretty much anything O’Rourke does on the campaign trail will be infinitely cooler than Cruz and be praised by the internet as #epic.
Like gently cruising around a Whataburger parking lot in Texas on a skateboard while saying “woosh.”
Posted by Beto O'Rourke on Saturday, August 18, 2018
(The cruising is at the beginning of the 37-minute video above.)
Twitter—the social media networking site that loves things—loved it.
— Jay Franzone (@JayFranzone) August 19, 2018
— DistractinglyGeeky (@DistractingGeek) August 19, 2018
Ted Cruz, not to be outmanuevered, shall release video of himself BMXing in the parking lot of WhatAboutBurger ending badly as he runs into the back of a truck
— David Rowinski (@bolekaja1001) August 19, 2018
Some races are won by the candidate with heart and soul. Beto's got both. https://t.co/e1r79BAUlE
— David Jolly (@DavidJollyFL) August 20, 2018
The slogan for this entire campaign should be "Ted Cruz could never" https://t.co/WM0rKQneX9
— Ofirah Yheskel (@ofirahy) August 19, 2018
It also got the early 2000s punk treatment.
i thought that video of beto o'rourke skateboarding in the whataburger parking lot required a little splash from the queen of pop-punk so hERE YA GO pic.twitter.com/wHg4hgcC2s
— ✨meme kween✨ (@notsavvie) August 20, 2018
At the Whataburger after the skateboard sesh, everyone in O’Rourke’s camp ordered Triple Meat Whataburgers, a reference to a curious dig Cruz recently made at him.
Cruz’s lead over O’Rourke has been tightening in the past few weeks—Cruz’s lead is down to about six points, according to the Real Clear Politics average—and now it looks like O’Rourke might just kickflip his way to the upper chamber and turn the Capitol rotunda upside down (and into a halfpipe).
Just call him Sen. Skateboard.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]