- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Tuesday 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Tuesday 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Tuesday 1:16 PM
Police are searching for a woman who posted videos of her climbing into the lion’s enclosure at the Bronx Zoo on Saturday, the Hill reports.
Three videos originally posted to the woman’s Instagram on Sunday show the incident and reveal her sense of accomplishment. One of her captions says, “I REALLY HAVE NO FEAR OF NOTHING BREATHING‼️” That video has nearly 14,000 views and hundreds of comments admonishing the woman for putting herself and the lion and danger.
In the video, the woman can be heard saying, “I want to get closer to him… I’m sorry,” as she climbs over the fence. The man filming tries limply to stop her. Once inside the enclosure, the woman waves, dances, and coos at the male lion. It’s hard to know what the lion was thinking, but people on social media have a few ideas, including that he was trying to avoid becoming the next Harambe.
Woman: *climbs inside lion closure and waves*— Da Adult (@kidnoble) October 2, 2019
Lion: *looks at other lions* “Y’all see this sh*t?”
That lion said "THIS A SET UP HUH!?! YALL NOT ABOUT TO HARAMBE ME‼"— My Ancestors Wildest Dream 🔺️ (@NaeSaid_) October 2, 2019
From off-camera, a bystander can be heard asking, “Can you tell her to get back?” The man recording the video responds coolly, “I told her, she don’t listen to me.”
“This action was a serious violation and unlawful trespass that could have resulted in serious injury or death,” said the Bronx Zoo in a statement to the Hill. “Barriers and rules are in place to keep both visitors, staff and animals safe.”
The woman, however, apparently doesn’t feel she was in danger. “Like All things, Even Animals know if your acting out of Love & Fearlessness,” she wrote in the caption of the second video. “MY SOUL IS PURE THIS IS WHY I MADE IT OUT.”
The New York police are reportedly searching for the woman but so far have not been able to find her.
- Company facing backlash after posting intern applicant’s bikini photo to shame her
- GoFundMe for homeless opera singer raises more than $20K
- 12-year-old retracts claim that classmates pinned her down and cut her dreadlocks
H/T the Hill
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.