- Conservatives are fighting over whether porn is OK 2 Months Ago
- The best in tech gifts for women this year 2 Months Ago
- Why do the Golden Globes keep sidelining women filmmakers? 2 Months Ago
- Netflix dominates with 34 Golden Globe nominations across TV and film 2 Months Ago
- Ethan Klein has declared war on K-pop—and K-pop fans 2 Months Ago
- People are not happy with Steve Harvey’s cartel comment to Miss Colombia 2 Months Ago
- The decade conspiracy theories overtook the truth Today 9:14 AM
- Marianne Williamson duped into believing Trump pardoned Charles Manson Today 8:55 AM
- TikTok users are freaking out about ‘predicting’ Juice WRLD’s death Today 7:59 AM
- @MugJerry and the quest for Instagram justice Today 7:00 AM
- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
Police are searching for a woman who posted videos of her climbing into the lion’s enclosure at the Bronx Zoo on Saturday, the Hill reports.
Three videos originally posted to the woman’s Instagram on Sunday show the incident and reveal her sense of accomplishment. One of her captions says, “I REALLY HAVE NO FEAR OF NOTHING BREATHING‼️” That video has nearly 14,000 views and hundreds of comments admonishing the woman for putting herself and the lion and danger.
In the video, the woman can be heard saying, “I want to get closer to him… I’m sorry,” as she climbs over the fence. The man filming tries limply to stop her. Once inside the enclosure, the woman waves, dances, and coos at the male lion. It’s hard to know what the lion was thinking, but people on social media have a few ideas, including that he was trying to avoid becoming the next Harambe.
Woman: *climbs inside lion closure and waves*— Da Adult (@kidnoble) October 2, 2019
Lion: *looks at other lions* “Y’all see this sh*t?”
That lion said "THIS A SET UP HUH!?! YALL NOT ABOUT TO HARAMBE ME‼"— My Ancestors Wildest Dream 🔺️ (@NaeSaid_) October 2, 2019
From off-camera, a bystander can be heard asking, “Can you tell her to get back?” The man recording the video responds coolly, “I told her, she don’t listen to me.”
“This action was a serious violation and unlawful trespass that could have resulted in serious injury or death,” said the Bronx Zoo in a statement to the Hill. “Barriers and rules are in place to keep both visitors, staff and animals safe.”
The woman, however, apparently doesn’t feel she was in danger. “Like All things, Even Animals know if your acting out of Love & Fearlessness,” she wrote in the caption of the second video. “MY SOUL IS PURE THIS IS WHY I MADE IT OUT.”
The New York police are reportedly searching for the woman but so far have not been able to find her.
- Company facing backlash after posting intern applicant’s bikini photo to shame her
- GoFundMe for homeless opera singer raises more than $20K
- 12-year-old retracts claim that classmates pinned her down and cut her dreadlocks
H/T the Hill
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.