- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
But those who support Tina Johnson have immediately made an enormous impact on her newly established GoFundMe page. Less than two days after the “Help Tina Johnson Rebuild Her Home” crowdfunding page was created, she’s already received more than $147,000 as of this writing.
A woman named Katie Jacobs Stanton established the campaign and wrote the following:
I don’t know Tina Johnson. But I believe her.
Tina Johnson bravely shared a story about being sexually [harassed] by Roy Moore. It has always been dangerous and risky for women (and men) to speak out against sexual [harassment].
Today, this danger reached a disturbing level. Tina’s home burned down and she lost everything. An arson investigation is underway.
100% of these funds will be used to help her rebuild her home. If Tina has insurance that covers the damage, she’ll still receive funds from this campaign to help with living expenses and ease the weight of all this. Money won’t erase what happened, but I truly hope it will help.
And people have responded.
According to Stanton, the goal of $100,000 was set, because that was the Zillow value of Johnson’s house. She also wrote that any additional donations would be sent to organizations who support victims of arson and/or sexual harassment.
Johnson accused Moore, who lost the Alabama Senate race to Democrat Doug Jones, of grabbing her on the buttocks in his office in the early 1990s. But this week, an Etowah County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson said it was unclear if the fire was related to the accusations she made against Moore.
“Honestly, I’m in shock like I was the day it happened,” Johnson told CNN. “I can’t comprehend all this, it’s just overwhelming.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.