- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
The home of a woman who accused Roy Moore of sexual misconduct has reportedly burned down, and the fire is being investigated as arson.
Natalie Barton, a public information officer with the Etowah County Sheriff’s Department, said the fire is being investigated as arson by the county. But there is no evidence that “the fire is in any way related to Roy Moore or allegations made against him.”
“A suspect of interest is being spoken to,” Barton said. “But there have been no charges, to my knowledge, related to the fire at this time.”
Johnson said she was “devastated” by the fire, which burned her family’s entire house and all of their possessions.
“We have just the clothes on our backs,” she told AL.com.
No one was harmed in the blaze, which reportedly started at the back of the house at 8am CT on Tuesday. Johnson said other neighbors witnessed a “young man who had a history of public intoxication” lingering around the house before and after the fire, AL.com reported.
Moore’s campaign for Senate was embroiled in accusations by women who said he assaulted them. Leigh Corfman, who said Moore groped her when she was 14 and he was 32, filed a defamation suit Thursday alleging Moore and his campaign attacked her as a “liar.”
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.