- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Being a drag queen is about more than just looking pretty. A good queen is witty, fast on her feet, and knows how to keep a crowd entertained. And as queen Elishaly D’witshes proves, she should also be comfortable experimenting with some new tricks.
D’witshes was entertaining patrons at Miami’s Palace Bar on Friday when she noticed a double-decker tour bus parked out front. She quickly hopped onto the bus, made her way to the top floor, jumped over the guardrail—and hung from the bus before leaping off into a split.
Once D’witshes landed on the floor below, she was greeted with roaring applause. After all, a split like that takes quite a bit of skill.
This is how we do it at the Palace bar ElishalyPosted by Thomas Donall on Saturday, June 24, 2017
The Palace Bar is one of Miami’s most iconic gay bars, known for its impressive drag queen performances. But D’witshes’s performance is bittersweet. The 30-year-old bar will be closing down and relocating next month.
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.