- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
It’s a heartwarming story.
Carson Jones is a zookeeper residing in Denver and has caught the attention of many new fans.
DOUG JONES BRING YOUR SON FORWARD FOR A BETTER LOOK
— Bobby McClanahan (@B_McC2) December 13, 2017
Gays, take a moment tonight to celebrate Doug Jones’ son Carson pic.twitter.com/VUF1ovkwJO
— Tom Zohar (@TomZohar) December 13, 2017
Just discovered Doug Jones’ son’s instagram. Y’all…..
He’s cute, drinks rosé, owns a RompHim, and is a #UGA fan 🤤
— Joe #PeteforAmerica (@whichwaytojoe) December 15, 2017
Here are Trump's creepy sons, bragging about killing a beautiful animal, and here's Doug Jones' gay son Carson, who's a zookeeper. pic.twitter.com/e1rQhmOXPa
— Paul Rudnick (@PaulRudnickNY) December 14, 2017
Gays on twitter going back from Political experts to our normal horny thirsty selves after finding out the Doug Jones has a gay son who’s a snack: pic.twitter.com/b08Xvafs28
— Corey OBrien (@Coreyobr) December 13, 2017
But folks on Twitter aren’t the only ones who adore Jones; his parents do, too. Jones told IntoMore the story of how he came out to his parents in 2015.
While working at a zoo in Australia, he was inspired to tell his parents he was gay after the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage in the United States. He said as he drove to work, he passed by multiple rainbows. He perceived them as a sign and decided to pen a blog post about his sexuality and sent it to his parents.
“Don’t wait,” Jones told his mother. “Read it now.”
His parents responded simply and promptly. “I love you,” they said.
Jones said, however, that it was never his parents he feared when he considered coming out—it was his conservatives neighbors in Alabama.
“[Mountain Brook] was not a place that I would have felt comfortable coming out in,” he says. “I only know of one person who was out in my year.”
But his father’s win in Alabama gives him hope, he said.
“It’s little moments like that which tell me that things are getting better,” Jones says. “That’s what I have to believe. And after the results on Tuesday, I don’t just believe it—I know it.”
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.