- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Saturday 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ (updated) Saturday 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Saturday 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Saturday 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Saturday 9:00 AM
Carson Jones is a zookeeper residing in Denver and has caught the attention of many new fans.
DOUG JONES BRING YOUR SON FORWARD FOR A BETTER LOOK— Bobby McClanahan (@B_McC2) December 13, 2017
Gays, take a moment tonight to celebrate Doug Jones’ son Carson pic.twitter.com/VUF1ovkwJO— Tom Zohar (@TomZohar) December 13, 2017
Just discovered Doug Jones’ son’s instagram. Y’all.....— Joe #Pride🏳️🌈 (@whichwaytojoe) December 15, 2017
He’s cute, drinks rosé, owns a RompHim, and is a #UGA fan 🤤
Here are Trump's creepy sons, bragging about killing a beautiful animal, and here's Doug Jones' gay son Carson, who's a zookeeper. pic.twitter.com/e1rQhmOXPa— Paul Rudnick (@PaulRudnickNY) December 14, 2017
Gays on twitter going back from Political experts to our normal horny thirsty selves after finding out the Doug Jones has a gay son who’s a snack: pic.twitter.com/b08Xvafs28— Corey OBrien (@Coreyobr) December 13, 2017
But folks on Twitter aren’t the only ones who adore Jones; his parents do, too. Jones told IntoMore the story of how he came out to his parents in 2015.
While working at a zoo in Australia, he was inspired to tell his parents he was gay after the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage in the United States. He said as he drove to work, he passed by multiple rainbows. He perceived them as a sign and decided to pen a blog post about his sexuality and sent it to his parents.
“Don’t wait,” Jones told his mother. “Read it now.”
His parents responded simply and promptly. “I love you,” they said.
Jones said, however, that it was never his parents he feared when he considered coming out—it was his conservatives neighbors in Alabama.
“[Mountain Brook] was not a place that I would have felt comfortable coming out in,” he says. “I only know of one person who was out in my year.”
But his father’s win in Alabama gives him hope, he said.
“It’s little moments like that which tell me that things are getting better,” Jones says. “That’s what I have to believe. And after the results on Tuesday, I don’t just believe it—I know it.”
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.