- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit 3 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free 3 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
- Twitch is suing the trolls who flooded the platform with porn and Christchurch shooting footage Monday 6:55 PM
- Cat filter turns Pakistani politicians’ press conference into frisky business Monday 6:12 PM
- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Monday 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Monday 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Monday 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Monday 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Monday 3:03 PM
Getting an iPhone 7? Make sure you get some of these nifty add-ons while you’re at it.
If you’re a fan of all things Apple, chances are you’ve already decided to upgrade to the iPhone 7. And why not? It’s a spectacular smartphone. While some may see it as just a slightly upgraded iPhone 6 or 6S, it’s armed with a slew of brand-new features: It’s water-resistant and has stereo speakers and an amazing camera.
With prices starting at $649 for the 32GB iPhone 7 and $769 for the 32GB iPhone 7 Plus (add $100 if you want yours in Jet Black, only available with 128GB capacity), it’s quite an investment. Since you’re already in a splurging mood, why not get all the bells and whistles you’ll ever need to maximize your new device?
If you want to arm yourself and your iPhone 7 with useful accessories, here are some worth considering.
1) Smart Battery Case (for iPhone 7)
There’s been an onslaught of new iPhone 7 cases this month. But if you’d like to keep it within the Apple family, this case from the company doubles as a portable charger as well.
The case has a soft microfiber lining that takes the shape of your iPhone 7 perfectly, as well as a silicone outer finish that’s touch-friendly. As a battery charger, it can provide up to 26 hours’ worth of talk time, up to 22 hours of internet use on LTE, and video playback up to 24 hours. When in use, the intelligent battery status displays on your iPhone’s lock screen and notifications, so you’ll always be aware of how much juice your gadget has left.
2) PowerCore+ 26800 & PowerPort+ 1 Portable Charger
If you prefer to have your phone case and chargers separate, consider this product for the latter. It has the ability to charge compatible devices up to 75 percent faster than other chargers, and it can recharge itself twice as fast when charged through its (included) wall charger.
A fully charged power bank guarantees up to 10 charges for a single iPhone 6s, so it’s probably got enough juice to power your iPhone 7 as well. Not happy with your purchase? An 18-month warranty is provided with this product, so you’re all set.
3) Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar
One of the main concerns with the iPhone 7’s elimination of the headphone jack is this: How can I listen to audio and charge at the same time? The Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar acts as a nifty splitter that allows you to plug two separate lightning devices through the iPhone 7’s sole lightning port. It’s compatible with any lightning audio earphones and Apple’s own Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter (which comes with every iPhone 7). It also works with the iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case. It’s a little pricy for a charger but definitely worth it considering what it can do, especially for those who primarily use their iPhones for music purposes.
4) BeatsX Wireless Earphones
$149.95, Beats By Dre
Not a fan of the AirPods? Consider the BeatsX as a replacement for your wireless listening experience. It can connect to your iPhone 7 through Bluetooth by simply holding it within your phone’s vicinity.
Once connected, you can enjoy a clear and distortion-free sound trip up to eight hours long. When your battery is low, you can get two hours of available playback by merely charging for five minutes. You can also take calls, control music, and activate Siri using RemoteTalk. It comes with various ear-tip options, ensuring a proper fit.
It’s currently slated for a fall release, but you can enter your email through the Beats website to be notified when it becomes available.
5) iHome Bluetooth Rechargeable Mini Speaker Cube
If you prefer sharing your favorite tunes with your loved ones through your iPhone 7, this speaker cube by iHome is incredibly handy. (And cute! Just look at the colors available.)
It effortlessly connects to your device via Bluetooth and can last up to eight hours on a single charge. You can also connect it directly to your iPhone 7 through the speaker’s aux line-in jack by using the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter that came with your phone.
6) BodyGuardz Pure 2 Premium Glass Screen Protector
$39.95, Bodyguardz (iPhone 7)
$44.95, Bodyguardz (iPhone 7 Plus)
Touchscreen phones need screen protectors, especially the iPhone 7. The Bodyguardz brand uses a tempered glass called Aluminosilicate for its iPhone 7 and 7 Plus screen protectors, which the company says is thin enough to be non-obtrusive but stronger than other screen protectors that normally use soda-lime glass.
It claims to be five times more scratch-resistant. For the hefty price, you get free lifetime replacements as well as a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
7) EnacFire Lightning Cables (3 feet, 6 feet, 10 feet)
$39.99 $13.99, Amazon
When it comes to smartphones—especially ones that use a special kind of cable—you can never have enough charging cables.
EnacFire gives you a pack of three lightning cables in varying lengths, ensuring that you can charge with ease regardless of how far you are from your power source. And unlike the usual Apple cords that easily fray, these are wrapped in a highly durable material, making them last longer. The cables also offer high-speed charging.
The set is usually priced at $39.99 on Amazon, but it’s on sale at $13.99 as of this writing for the pack of three cables. The set also comes with an 18-month, worry-free guarantee that includes replacement or full refund, making it a great deal.
8) iPhone Lightning Dock
If you prefer a stand-up charger that is specifically designed to house your iPhone 7, this is one of the Apple brand accessories you ought to consider getting. You can use it in various ways. To name some: You can connect it to your computer through a USB cable to sync your iPhone 7 while charging it; you can connect to an Apple wall charger; you can connect your headphones so you can listen to audio while syncing and charging, and you can also use it with your smart battery case.
It comes in five metallic finishes, so you can pick one to match your iPhone 7.
9) iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder
This smartphone holder is perfect for the iPhone 7 because its adjustable cradle can fit devices up to 3.2 inches wide. (The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are 2.64 and 3.07 inches wide, respectively.)
It also has a sliding bottom foot that ensures zero interference with your device’s bottom ports, as well as a telescopic arm that can extend up to two additional inches, allowing for better viewing flexibility.
10) Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
Your iPhone 7 already has one of these, but it never hurts to have a back-up for emergencies.
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.