- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
During today’s Apple event, the most anticipated reveal was, of course, the iPhone 7. While there are a lot of new features that make the device’s latest iteration the best iPhone yet, there’s one thing about it that is more lust-worthy than ever: its camera.
Both the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus’s camera now have optical image stabilization, a feature that was only previously available on the Plus models.
In terms of resolution, you can enjoy a 12-megapixel rear-facing camera—which has body and face detection and can also capture high-resolution video up to 4K—for both models. The iPhone 7 Plus takes things a step further with two lenses instead of one: A wide angle lens and a telephoto lens that has an optical zoom of 2X, which lets you take super-high quality photos without using additional software for enhancement. Digital zoom for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are 5x and 10x, respectively.
As for the quality of your selfies on these new phones? The FaceTime HD Camera for both models made a significant jump in resolution, from 5-megapixels to 7-megapixels, an update which pretty much guarantees a slew of superb front-facing shots.
Other spectacular updates include an ƒ/1.8 aperture and a six-element lens that optimizes the camera for low-light shooting, wide color capture that instantly enhances the vibrancy of your photos, and a flash that uses four smart LEDs—making it 50 percent brighter than the iPhone 6S—that automatically adjusts to your surroundings to give you sharper and better lit images.
Additionally, the iPhone 7 Plus has a new ‘portrait’ setting that lets you add depth of field to your photos by using both lenses for each shot.
At this point, why even bother owning a DSLR camera when you can get a pretty new iPhone 7?
SEE ALSO: Super Mario is officially coming to iPhone
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.