- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans 2 Years Ago
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Today 12:24 PM
- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Today 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Today 7:00 AM
- 12 must-see music documentaries on Netflix Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Today 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Today 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Today 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
- This computer-generated Insta model looks staggeringly real Friday 7:15 PM
- Netflix is bringing back ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ with ‘Stranger Things’ producer Friday 6:42 PM
- Facebook is creating a meme feature to bring back the teens Friday 4:13 PM
- A hitman’s smartwatch helped send him to prison for life Friday 4:05 PM
Planning on buying an iPhone 7? You should probably order one of these phone cases as well.
Apple unveiled its latest iteration of its highly coveted smartphone, the iPhone 7 today. While one can expect it to have a slew of new features, not all of them will be a hit. Apart from its controversial lack of a headphone jack, the iPhone’s tendency to put durability in the back seat to cater to elegance and smooth design makes protective gear a must.
Phone cases don’t need to look generic and drab to signify sturdiness, though. There are many out there that provide your gadget with the necessary protection for drops and scratches while also showcasing the hippest styles. It cannot be denied that the iPhone 7, like its predecessor, is a thing of beauty, so make sure you do yours justice by arming it with the best iPhone 7 cases, some of which we’ve conveniently rounded up for you below.
1) Swimming Beagle
Cartoon dog in shades chillin’ like a villain in the pool… can anything be cuter? The phone case itself is made from a soft and shock-proof polycarbonate material with a semi-transparent back panel, allowing you to still see a glimmer of your iPhone’s sleekness. And if you are balking at the price, just know that Casetify handpicks all the designs that are slapped onto its products, created by artists who are given a portion of the profits.
2) Clear From the Garden
Made from the same materials as the previous case, this one features a floral design that adds a feminine touch to an otherwise masculine-feeling gadget.
3) Pumpkin Spice Latte
If you’re a fan of Starbucks and autumn, then this fun design is perfect for you! Order it by the time you receive your brand-new iPhone 7 and have it season-ready.
4) FlexiShield iPhone 7 Gel Case (Blue)
Physical phone protection doesn’t have to be pricey. For less than $10, you can have a pretty durable gel case custom-molded to the iPhone 7. It has a layer of non-slip coating that provides an added grip, as well as a slim fit design that retains the lightweight feature of your new device. This phone case also comes in gold, black, and pink, so you can definitely pick a color that matches your every mood.
5) Olixar ArmourDillo iPhone 7 Protective Case
Another one of the more affordable options on this list, this Lego-like phone case looks and feels sturdy. It is made with an inner silicone protective case as well as an outer, impact-resistant and easy-to-grip hard shell for maximum protection. It also has a foldable kickstand that lets you view media on your phone in landscape, hands-free. And in case you think black-on-black is too basic, this design is also available in blue-on-black.
6) Zizo Bolt Series iPhone 7 Tough Case & Belt Clip
Want an iPhone 7 case that can take an extra beating? This case lets you take your phone with you on a rugged adventure. It’s got tough layers upon tough layers of protection, ensuring that your device survives the most extreme conditions (or at least, makes sure it doesn’t go down without a fight). A tempered glass screen protector is included to protect your phone’s face from cracks and scratches. It also has a built-in kickstand that lets you watch things on your phone without hassle. And as if the overall look of feel of the case wasn’t badass enough, it also comes with additional accessories like a rotating belt clip and lanyard, providing you with options of how you want to access your device. This phone case also comes in gold and black, rose gold and black, and gray and black.
7) Apple iPhone 7 Leather Case
The iPhone user with a penchant for luxury and sophistication can never go wrong with a leather case. A no-frills phone protector, this padded phone sleeve is made of handcrafted materials and is easy-to-close. It has multiple openings that provide access to basic phone functions. You also have an added option of ordering a case that includes a back fastener for a belt clip, as well as getting it in 12 different colors.
8) Mercury Canvas Diary iPhone 7 Wallet Case – Grey / Camel
If you like having your phone and cash in the same place, then this wallet case is worth considering. It has inner pouches that let you carry your credit cards with your phone, plus a magnetic clasp that keeps everything safe and in place. It also comes with a built-in kickstand. Finally, the beautiful canvas texture makes the case look less like a case and more like a purse or an accessory.
9) VRS Design Duo Guard iPhone 7 Case (Champagne Gold)
Here’s a stylish and sturdy phone case that complements the iPhone 7’s smooth finish. It’s a slim hard case that provides your phone the shock absorber it needs for accidental falls, as well as a rubberized grip that keeps you from dropping it. And, of course, a built-in kickstand. This style comes in five colors, but we think the champagne gold is the winner.
10) Caseology Parallax Series iPhone 7 Modern Slim Case (Burgundy)
If you prefer a textured surface for your iPhone 7 case, the geometric pattern on this one is simple and classy. Like most quality cases, it has two layers of protection, one to snugly fit your device and an outer, harder one to act as a bumper between your phone and a hard place. There are six colors to choose from, and most of them are on sale in time for the iPhone 7 announcement.
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.