- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Thursday 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Thursday 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Thursday 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Thursday 9:59 AM
The small size of AirPods and their wireless nature make them easy to lose or misplace. Being smaller than a mint tin, the AirPods case is just as easy to lose. Are you in need of an AirPod case replacement? If you tend to lose sight of small things, it’s incredibly likely.
Not to worry, you have two options:
Buy an AirPod case replacement from Apple for $79
On Apple’s website, empty AirPod case replacement units are available for purchase. Apple is now only selling the wireless charging cases, but used replacements of the lightning connector-only variety can be purchased on eBay, Amazon, and other online retailers. This AirPod case replacement option will usually run you anywhere from $40 to $60, a small saving on the $79 price tag.
If you’re not interested in dealing with possible compatibility issues, this is your best option.
Buy one from a third-party vendor
If you don’t want to shell out nearly $80 for a new charging case, there are third-party options available. Some of these are entire replacements for the AirPods as well, others are just the cases. Either way, without a method of charging your AirPods, they’re essentially useless.
The NeotrixQI AirPod case replacement option comes in both black and white and offers a charging time and battery life similar to the original AirPods case. You can buy it here for $35.99.
Almost a copy of the original charging case, the SilbyTech charging case fully charges in two hours. The AirPods themselves will fully charge in 20 minutes according to the product page on Amazon, where they retail for $35.99.
BLANDSTRS’ charging case is shaped to stand upright, rather than lay flat on a surface. The flat bottom and black charging indicator strip set this case apart from other AirPods imitators. This product is also sold on Amazon for $35.99.
Now that you’ve got an AirPod case replacement, maybe get yourself a Tile Sticker so you hold on to them for a little longer.
- Apple’s new AirPods Pro will be available Wednesday
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year
- Our 5 favorite AirPod charging cases at every price point
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Brooke Sjoberg is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She is also the Daily Texan's Life and Arts Editor and an editorial intern for Texas Connect magazine.