- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Today 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Today 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Today 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Today 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Today 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Today 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Today 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Today 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Today 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Today 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Today 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Today 9:40 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
Mark Zuckerberg battles Elon Musk as ‘Epic Rap Battles’ returns to YouTube
“Epic Rap Battle of History” returns after two years.
It’s the tech-titan rap battle that you never knew you needed in the latest “Epic Rap Battles of History.”
In a spoof video posted Friday, Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg go head to head and nothing is off the table.
But he’s not the only one taking hits.
“Your platform only launches depression,” fake Musk spits back. “Who put the elf with no friends in charge of human connection?”
You can watch the full battle here and hear all the impressive bars yourself:
In 2017, “Epic Rap Battles” creators Peter “Nice Peter” Shukoff and Lloyd “EpicLLOYD” Ahlquist went on indefinite hiatus after hitting a wall with the 2016 election. Shukoff told Inverse that the Trump era “has changed me as a person and an artist.”
But it’s no surprise that this is how Shukoff and Ahlquist returned to their series after a two-year break, considering Zuckerberg and Musk have been pretty public about their beef in real life.
In possibly the nerdiest fight of all time, the pair doesn’t see eye-to-eye when it comes to technology. Zuckerberg sees technology as intrinsically good while Musk feels we need a bit more caution. This becomes clear when discussing artificial intelligence, which Musk has called “a fundamental risk to the existence of human civilization.” Zuckerberg says those sort of views are brought on by “naysayers.”
It was an impressive welcome back for “Epic Rap Battles.” The jokes are well researched and no matter which nerd you’re pulling for, you’re sure to get a laugh.
Now, who’s next?
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.