- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America 6 Months Ago
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Today 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Today 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Today 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Today 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Today 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Today 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Today 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Today 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Today 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Today 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Today 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Today 9:57 AM
- 47 House Democrats sign criticized net neutrality working group letter Today 9:17 AM
Mark Zuckerberg battles Elon Musk as ‘Epic Rap Battles’ returns to YouTube
“Epic Rap Battle of History” returns after two years.
It’s the tech-titan rap battle that you never knew you needed in the latest “Epic Rap Battles of History.”
In a spoof video posted Friday, Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg go head to head and nothing is off the table.
But he’s not the only one taking hits.
“Your platform only launches depression,” fake Musk spits back. “Who put the elf with no friends in charge of human connection?”
You can watch the full battle here and hear all the impressive bars yourself:
In 2017, “Epic Rap Battles” creators Peter “Nice Peter” Shukoff and Lloyd “EpicLLOYD” Ahlquist went on indefinite hiatus after hitting a wall with the 2016 election. Shukoff told Inverse that the Trump era “has changed me as a person and an artist.”
But it’s no surprise that this is how Shukoff and Ahlquist returned to their series after a two-year break, considering Zuckerberg and Musk have been pretty public about their beef in real life.
In possibly the nerdiest fight of all time, the pair doesn’t see eye-to-eye when it comes to technology. Zuckerberg sees technology as intrinsically good while Musk feels we need a bit more caution. This becomes clear when discussing artificial intelligence, which Musk has called “a fundamental risk to the existence of human civilization.” Zuckerberg says those sort of views are brought on by “naysayers.”
It was an impressive welcome back for “Epic Rap Battles.” The jokes are well researched and no matter which nerd you’re pulling for, you’re sure to get a laugh.
Now, who’s next?
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.