- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked 3 Months Ago
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
Mark Zuckerberg battles Elon Musk as ‘Epic Rap Battles’ returns to YouTube
“Epic Rap Battle of History” returns after two years.
It’s the tech-titan rap battle that you never knew you needed in the latest “Epic Rap Battles of History.”
In a spoof video posted Friday, Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg go head to head and nothing is off the table.
But he’s not the only one taking hits.
“Your platform only launches depression,” fake Musk spits back. “Who put the elf with no friends in charge of human connection?”
You can watch the full battle here and hear all the impressive bars yourself:
In 2017, “Epic Rap Battles” creators Peter “Nice Peter” Shukoff and Lloyd “EpicLLOYD” Ahlquist went on indefinite hiatus after hitting a wall with the 2016 election. Shukoff told Inverse that the Trump era “has changed me as a person and an artist.”
But it’s no surprise that this is how Shukoff and Ahlquist returned to their series after a two-year break, considering Zuckerberg and Musk have been pretty public about their beef in real life.
In possibly the nerdiest fight of all time, the pair doesn’t see eye-to-eye when it comes to technology. Zuckerberg sees technology as intrinsically good while Musk feels we need a bit more caution. This becomes clear when discussing artificial intelligence, which Musk has called “a fundamental risk to the existence of human civilization.” Zuckerberg says those sort of views are brought on by “naysayers.”
It was an impressive welcome back for “Epic Rap Battles.” The jokes are well researched and no matter which nerd you’re pulling for, you’re sure to get a laugh.
Now, who’s next?
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.