- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
The 41-year-old actress responded Saturday to the fake nude of her that’s been making the rounds. In a now-deleted Instagram post, she slammed the people sharing the image and threatened to report their accounts. “Whoever the f—k you are, stop posting this false picture of me,” she wrote.
En ouvrant Instagram je tombe sur la colère de Zoe Saldana... pic.twitter.com/8pd81xzzT4— ChaosType (@Saul_bey) November 30, 2019
Saldana went on to say that she doesn’t even have NSFW photos of herself.
“This is not a real picture for anyone reading this. This is violating, offensive, and insulting for women,” she wrote in the post.
Directly addressing the accounts that have shared the image, Saldana said she is not a victim and will not hesitate to stand up for herself.
“I will report you immediately, let it be known I am no victim and I do not suffer in silence. I defend myself and defend all women that cannot speak for themselves,” she wrote. “You will not hide like a coward on this platform and think you can get away with it.”
Saldana’s Instagram post was likely deleted due to the explicit nature of the images, which she shared along with her response. Several users managed to get screenshots of the post, however, and have reposted it to their own social media pages.
zoe saldana you have my heart🥰🥰🥰 pic.twitter.com/iv12Bvp98A— bex🦊 #renewannewithane (@httpbexs) November 30, 2019
With the rise of deepfakes and other similar technologies, posts like this will likely become more frequent. Luckily, any other woman—or man—who finds themselves in a similar situation will know that Saldana has their back.
- Zoe Saldana, other A-listers star in new PSA about consent
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion on Bella Thorne’s nudes
- Man charged for extorting nudes from hundreds of teen girls over Facebook and Kik
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.