- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 3 Months Ago
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Today 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Today 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Today 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
Popular Twitch streamer Tyler1’s height is a constant conversation around him, and during a live stream on Thursday, he attempted to show just how tall he is to his more than 2.6 million followers. Unfortunately for him, his girlfriend then exposed him, showing the streaming world that he’s not as tall as he’d like you to believe.
Tyler1, whose real name is Tyler Steinkamp, is hugely popular in the League of Legends gaming world, but other streamers continuously poke fun at his height—or lack thereof—and if you type in “tyler1 height” into the Google search engine, more than 213,000 results appear.
People, for whatever reason, really like to talk about Steinkamp’s height. And apparently he doesn’t mind engaging in the conversation.
As his girlfriend, streamer Macaiyla, and Steinkamp carved pumpkins during a broadcast on Halloween, he complained that it was impossible to draw on the orange fruit.
“If it was possible, I would be able to do it,” he said.
Macaiyla responded by saying, “You can’t do everything,” she said. “You cannot do everything.”
“What can’t I do?” he shot back.
“You cannot touch the ceiling right now,” she said. “You can’t touch the ceiling, I know you can’t.”
He immediately leaped up and got himself tangled in wires as she complained that he was ruining their stream. Then he tilted the camera up and tried to prove he could touch the ceiling.
The triumphant Steinkamp showed himself touching the top of a kitchen cabinet, seemingly proving that he was tall enough to nearly graze the ceiling without jumping. “How about that, bitch?” Steinkamp shouted at the camera. Until Macaiyla lowered the camera, revealing that he was sitting on the oven to give himself more height.
“You motherfucker, I’ll hurt you bad,” he joked as she broke into laughter.
So, just how tall and/or short is Tyler1? According to multiple websites, he’s about 5-foot-6. Whether that’s true is hard to confirm. But it seems like in Steinkamp’s mind, he’s a giant who can touch the top of the cabinet. And he’s right. He just needs camera tricks to make it so.
- Gothalion is leaving Twitch for Mixer
- This Twitch streamer was shocked to discover a fan made videos of all her sneezes
- How the women of Twitch put up with the bullsh*t
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.