- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Today 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Today 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Today 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Today 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Today 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Today 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Today 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
Tyler, the Creator released “Okra”—his first track since the release of Flower Boy last July—on Thursday and fans are losing it over a shoutout within the song at a certain popular celebrity.
In the third verse of the 27-year-old rapper’s new track, Tyler calls out Call Me By Your Name star Timothée Chalamet and tells listeners to tell the actor to “come get at me.” Tyler also compliments Chalamet’s skin, calling it “glowin’, clear of acne.”
OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA— Tyler, The Creator (@tylerthecreator) March 30, 2018
Fans of Chalamet—who was launched into stardom this year—wasted no time before shipping him with Tyler.
TYLER THE CREATOR SINGING ABOUT TIMOTHÉE! MY TWO BOYS! IM SO IN LOVE pic.twitter.com/ZSo36pAcvG— b (@alderaanIeia) March 29, 2018
tyler the creator: tell tim chalamet to come get at me— fabiana (@tchalamvt) March 29, 2018
tyler the creator shooting his shot at timothée chalamet the best thing to come out of 2018 so far— samantha (@samtayherk) March 29, 2018
the week of March 26-April 1 is now brought to you by tyler shooting his shot at timothee chalamet 🐝🍑— A. L. Stineville 🧟♀️ (@AlexScoville) March 29, 2018
timothée used to wear that pink golf hat all the time and now he got mentioned in one of tyler’s songs— sofia (@eliostyls) March 29, 2018
waitin for timothée to reply to the tyler the creator lyrics like pic.twitter.com/eizIjEjYYF— ;hati (@timmyismyprize) March 29, 2018
OH BRUH tyler the creator loving timothée chalamet is a whole fuckin mood— kyra (@kyradunne) March 29, 2018
Chalamet has been getting a lot of love from rappers, lately. On Sunday, Kid Cudi tweeted that Chalamet was his favorite artist of the moment—and Chalamet freaked out.
UHMMM OKAY STRIKE ME THE FUCK DOWN https://t.co/KcUS0avkDn— Timothée Chalamet (@RealChalamet) March 27, 2018
ADHXJKSDKSHKXNFUDKDNXHKDM— Timothée Chalamet (@RealChalamet) March 27, 2018
STAN LEVEL 368483 https://t.co/9zcs9CFB5x— Timothée Chalamet (@RealChalamet) March 27, 2018
While Chalamet has retweeted some fan reactions to Tyler’s shoutout, he hasn’t yet tweeted anything about it himself.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.