- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Tyler, the Creator released “Okra”—his first track since the release of Flower Boy last July—on Thursday and fans are losing it over a shoutout within the song at a certain popular celebrity.
In the third verse of the 27-year-old rapper’s new track, Tyler calls out Call Me By Your Name star Timothée Chalamet and tells listeners to tell the actor to “come get at me.” Tyler also compliments Chalamet’s skin, calling it “glowin’, clear of acne.”
OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA OKRA— Tyler, The Creator (@tylerthecreator) March 30, 2018
Fans of Chalamet—who was launched into stardom this year—wasted no time before shipping him with Tyler.
TYLER THE CREATOR SINGING ABOUT TIMOTHÉE! MY TWO BOYS! IM SO IN LOVE pic.twitter.com/ZSo36pAcvG— b (@alderaanIeia) March 29, 2018
tyler the creator: tell tim chalamet to come get at me— fabiana (@tchalamvt) March 29, 2018
tyler the creator shooting his shot at timothée chalamet the best thing to come out of 2018 so far— samantha (@samtayherk) March 29, 2018
the week of March 26-April 1 is now brought to you by tyler shooting his shot at timothee chalamet 🐝🍑— Alex Scoville (@AlexScoville) March 29, 2018
timothée used to wear that pink golf hat all the time and now he got mentioned in one of tyler’s songs— sofia (@eliostyls) March 29, 2018
waitin for timothée to reply to the tyler the creator lyrics like pic.twitter.com/eizIjEjYYF— ;hati (@timmyismyprize) March 29, 2018
OH BRUH tyler the creator loving timothée chalamet is a whole fuckin mood— kyra (@kyradunne) March 29, 2018
Chalamet has been getting a lot of love from rappers, lately. On Sunday, Kid Cudi tweeted that Chalamet was his favorite artist of the moment—and Chalamet freaked out.
UHMMM OKAY STRIKE ME THE FUCK DOWN https://t.co/KcUS0avkDn— Timothée Chalamet (@RealChalamet) March 27, 2018
ADHXJKSDKSHKXNFUDKDNXHKDM— Timothée Chalamet (@RealChalamet) March 27, 2018
STAN LEVEL 368483 https://t.co/9zcs9CFB5x— Timothée Chalamet (@RealChalamet) March 27, 2018
While Chalamet has retweeted some fan reactions to Tyler’s shoutout, he hasn’t yet tweeted anything about it himself.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.