- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server 7 Months Ago
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked 7 Months Ago
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam 7 Months Ago
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Today 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Today 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Today 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Today 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Today 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Today 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Today 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Today 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Today 11:32 AM
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot Today 11:07 AM
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata Today 11:01 AM
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress Today 10:45 AM
He’s the coolest.
In the most random surprise ever, Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson bought lunch for several customers in Fontana, California on Friday, and even dined with fans.
Customers took to social media to share their luck of being in the right place at the right time.
“Tom Hanks is at In and Out sitting across from us. I’m star struck,” one fan posted on Instagram.
The visit from the celebrity couple was an extra surprise. Although it’s only 50 miles outside of Los Angeles, it’s not quite the hot spot, especially for celebrity visits.
“He was such a nice guy taking pictures with everyone,” the Instagram user said in another post. “He told us Merry Christmas and I went over and talked to his wife Rita while Tom took pictures with everyone!”
Yes, photos with any fan who wanted it.
Look who visited Fontana In N Out! Woody himself, Tom Hanks, and he bought lunch for everyone! Nice! pic.twitter.com/LcNGr9S7X0— Oak Park Elementary (@FUSD_OakPark) December 22, 2018
I had the absolute honor of meeting the one and only Tom Hanks and his beautiful wife Rita Wilson! The coolest people I've ever met! #tomhanks #ritawilson @tomhanks @RitaWilson pic.twitter.com/fn2nALZGyW— BlackwatchCosplay (@BlackwatchCspla) December 23, 2018
Going through the drive-through? No worries. He even made sure to treat those who didn’t want to dine in.
@tomhanks thanks for lunch .... he’s in Fontana people #tomhanks #innout #fontana #heboughtmylunch #thankyou #himrhanks #itsforrest #lifeslikeaboxofchocolatePosted by Renee Chavez on Friday, December 21, 2018
This isn’t the first time Hanks has showed up somewhere and just been a really good guy.
In 2016 while on a job in Central Park, he noticed a couple posing for their wedding pictures. He stopped by to wish the pair congratulations and to join in on their photoshoot.
View this post on Instagram
Yesterday's wedding was so beautiful! Elisabeth and Ryan you planned one amazing celebration. The icing on the cake was @tomhanks stopping in Central Park to wish them congratulations. #megmillerphotography #newyork #nyc #nyminute #celebrity #brideandgroom #tomhanks #weddingdress #wedding #weddingday #blacktie #centralpark #blackandwhite #huffpostido #stylemepretty #weddinginspiration #selfie #celebritysighting
A post shared by Meg Miller Photography (@megmillerphotography) on
While Hanks didn’t have any big 2018 movie releases, 2019 is looking to be his year. He will reprise his role as Woody in Toy Story 4 coming in June. He has also signed on to star as Geppetto in Pinocchio and Fred Rogers in a biopic coming out about Mr. Rogers.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.