- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers 10 Months Ago
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture 10 Months Ago
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max 10 Months Ago
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet 10 Months Ago
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports 10 Months Ago
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
- Scotland grants pardons to men, trans women convicted under homophobic laws Today 10:45 AM
- Cole Carrigan again accuses Austin McBroom of sexual assault Today 9:58 AM
- Trump’s condolences for Elijah Cummings ripped apart Today 9:24 AM
- How to watch ‘Hocus Pocus’ right now Today 9:18 AM
- TikTok loves these 3 kids who kayak down concrete stairs Today 9:12 AM
- How to watch ‘Letterkenny’ season 7 Today 9:11 AM
- Trump’s attempt to mock Nancy Pelosi with a photo completely backfires Today 9:11 AM
- Yahoo is shuttering Yahoo Groups. Fandom will never be the same Today 8:44 AM
In the most random surprise ever, Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson bought lunch for several customers in Fontana, California on Friday, and even dined with fans.
Customers took to social media to share their luck of being in the right place at the right time.
“Tom Hanks is at In and Out sitting across from us. I’m star struck,” one fan posted on Instagram.
The visit from the celebrity couple was an extra surprise. Although it’s only 50 miles outside of Los Angeles, it’s not quite the hot spot, especially for celebrity visits.
“He was such a nice guy taking pictures with everyone,” the Instagram user said in another post. “He told us Merry Christmas and I went over and talked to his wife Rita while Tom took pictures with everyone!”
Yes, photos with any fan who wanted it.
Look who visited Fontana In N Out! Woody himself, Tom Hanks, and he bought lunch for everyone! Nice! pic.twitter.com/LcNGr9S7X0— Oak Park Elementary (@FUSD_OakPark) December 22, 2018
I had the absolute honor of meeting the one and only Tom Hanks and his beautiful wife Rita Wilson! The coolest people I've ever met! #tomhanks #ritawilson @tomhanks @RitaWilson pic.twitter.com/fn2nALZGyW— BlackwatchCosplay (@BlackwatchCspla) December 23, 2018
Going through the drive-through? No worries. He even made sure to treat those who didn’t want to dine in.
@tomhanks thanks for lunch .... he’s in Fontana people #tomhanks #innout #fontana #heboughtmylunch #thankyou #himrhanks #itsforrest #lifeslikeaboxofchocolatePosted by Renee Chavez on Friday, December 21, 2018
This isn’t the first time Hanks has showed up somewhere and just been a really good guy.
In 2016 while on a job in Central Park, he noticed a couple posing for their wedding pictures. He stopped by to wish the pair congratulations and to join in on their photoshoot.
View this post on Instagram
Yesterday's wedding was so beautiful! Elisabeth and Ryan you planned one amazing celebration. The icing on the cake was @tomhanks stopping in Central Park to wish them congratulations. #megmillerphotography #newyork #nyc #nyminute #celebrity #brideandgroom #tomhanks #weddingdress #wedding #weddingday #blacktie #centralpark #blackandwhite #huffpostido #stylemepretty #weddinginspiration #selfie #celebritysighting
A post shared by Meg Miller Photography (@megmillerphotography) on
While Hanks didn’t have any big 2018 movie releases, 2019 is looking to be his year. He will reprise his role as Woody in Toy Story 4 coming in June. He has also signed on to star as Geppetto in Pinocchio and Fred Rogers in a biopic coming out about Mr. Rogers.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.