- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
In the most random surprise ever, Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson bought lunch for several customers in Fontana, California on Friday, and even dined with fans.
Customers took to social media to share their luck of being in the right place at the right time.
“Tom Hanks is at In and Out sitting across from us. I’m star struck,” one fan posted on Instagram.
The visit from the celebrity couple was an extra surprise. Although it’s only 50 miles outside of Los Angeles, it’s not quite the hot spot, especially for celebrity visits.
“He was such a nice guy taking pictures with everyone,” the Instagram user said in another post. “He told us Merry Christmas and I went over and talked to his wife Rita while Tom took pictures with everyone!”
Yes, photos with any fan who wanted it.
Look who visited Fontana In N Out! Woody himself, Tom Hanks, and he bought lunch for everyone! Nice! pic.twitter.com/LcNGr9S7X0— Oak Park Elementary (@FUSD_OakPark) December 22, 2018
I had the absolute honor of meeting the one and only Tom Hanks and his beautiful wife Rita Wilson! The coolest people I've ever met! #tomhanks #ritawilson @tomhanks @RitaWilson pic.twitter.com/fn2nALZGyW— BlackwatchCosplay (@BlackwatchCspla) December 23, 2018
Going through the drive-through? No worries. He even made sure to treat those who didn’t want to dine in.
@tomhanks thanks for lunch .... he’s in Fontana people #tomhanks #innout #fontana #heboughtmylunch #thankyou #himrhanks #itsforrest #lifeslikeaboxofchocolatePosted by Renee Chavez on Friday, December 21, 2018
This isn’t the first time Hanks has showed up somewhere and just been a really good guy.
In 2016 while on a job in Central Park, he noticed a couple posing for their wedding pictures. He stopped by to wish the pair congratulations and to join in on their photoshoot.
View this post on Instagram
Yesterday's wedding was so beautiful! Elisabeth and Ryan you planned one amazing celebration. The icing on the cake was @tomhanks stopping in Central Park to wish them congratulations. #megmillerphotography #newyork #nyc #nyminute #celebrity #brideandgroom #tomhanks #weddingdress #wedding #weddingday #blacktie #centralpark #blackandwhite #huffpostido #stylemepretty #weddinginspiration #selfie #celebritysighting
A post shared by Meg Miller Photography (@megmillerphotography) on
While Hanks didn’t have any big 2018 movie releases, 2019 is looking to be his year. He will reprise his role as Woody in Toy Story 4 coming in June. He has also signed on to star as Geppetto in Pinocchio and Fred Rogers in a biopic coming out about Mr. Rogers.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.