- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Amid bleak news reports, a photo of Tom Hanks as Mr. Rogers brought some much-needed levity to Twitter users’ timelines on Thursday.
BuzzFeed News reports that Sony Pictures on Thursday posted the first photo of Hanks in his role as the host of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood in a yet-untitled film. According to BuzzFeed, the movie will center around Fred Rogers and the life lessons he bestowed upon magazine journalist Tom Junod (played by Matthew Rhys).
The photo showed Hanks wearing a bright red sweater over a tie with khakis and sneakers, emulating Rogers’ outfit and pure joy. People on Twitter were grateful for the light-hearted content.
Who needs something happy to look at right now? https://t.co/IVN478tjGx— Bryan Young (@swankmotron) September 27, 2018
This is the most wholesome image that exists in the universe. https://t.co/zwocjgVaHk— Nick de Semlyen (@NickdeSemlyen) September 27, 2018
*Wipes tears* https://t.co/F7km9gfOly— Dante' Jones (@Dantej21) September 27, 2018
I’m just going to retweet this every couple of hours, because we all need this today. https://t.co/SK9yNRPwvX— Mo Elleithee (@MoElleithee) September 27, 2018
A well-received documentary earlier this year, Won’t You Be My Neighbor, portrayed the life of Rogers, who died in 2003 at 74-years-old.
Per People, here’s TriStar Pictures’ description of the upcoming film about the TV host: “a cynical journalist begrudgingly accepts an assignment to write a profile piece on the beloved icon and finds his perspective on life transformed.”
Sony’s movie is expected to debut in October 2019. People on Twitter lamented that it wasn’t coming sooner.
Thank you! We so need this in our lives right now! Wish it was coming out this week. https://t.co/tBDYrH61Qp— Regina Carr (@bigbosslady8) September 28, 2018
Just...gives us the movie already. Please? https://t.co/8VfyRaG3Vt— UrbanNoizeRmx (@UrbanNoize2) September 28, 2018
H/T BuzzFeed News
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.