- Multimillion-dollar ‘Farming Simulator’ franchise enters world of esports Wednesday 7:38 PM
- Sandra Bullock, Chris McKay are making Netflix comic film ‘Reborn’ Wednesday 7:22 PM
- Instagram revokes Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s verified status Wednesday 5:23 PM
- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ Wednesday 4:57 PM
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Wednesday 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Wednesday 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Wednesday 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Wednesday 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Wednesday 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Wednesday 12:21 PM
- Boots Riley explains why he got snubbed by the Oscars Wednesday 12:20 PM
- Review: ‘Buffy’ returns with a modern comic book reboot Wednesday 11:47 AM
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram Wednesday 11:32 AM
Now that IHOP has transitioned itself to IHOb (effectively going from the International House of Pancakes to the International House of Burgers, much to the confusion of just about everyone), one YouTuber has taken it upon himself to try the product and give his 1 million subscribers a review dripping with sarcasm.
YouTube star TheReportOfTheWeek bought a classic burger with bacon and taste-tested it in front of his camera.
First, he compares the breakfast restaurant pivoting to burgers as a Mandela effect, and he extols the brilliance of the viral marketing scheme.
“And,” the YouTuber said, “it worked.”
After all, how can that be denied when everyone is talking about IHOb and its burgers?
Then, the entire video devolves into complete sarcasm when he visits an IHOP and goes on and on about how crowded the restaurant is and what a madhouse it is inside with people hungrily waiting in long lines to get their hands on some burgers (in reality, the restaurant is completely empty). We watch him delicately eat the burger, tap his lips with a napkin, and sip from his drink. Finally, he gives us his verdict.
The burger, he said, doesn’t look pretty, but it’s tastier than something you might find at McDonald’s or Burger King. He calls it a diner-style burger, comparable to something you’d eat at Denny’s. He said he has no grievances with his meal, and said “for what it is, I can’t complain.” Except for the bacon, which he said wasn’t as crispy as he would have liked.
But according to this YouTuber, the burger is solid. “Delve into it,” he said. “Enter the rabbit hole. Find out what mysteries [lie] within them.” And if you can find a way to make yourself look as dapper as this YouTuber, the experience will be that much richer.
Josh Katzowitz is the Weekend Editor for the Daily Dot and covers the world of YouTube. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. He’s also a longtime sports writer, covering the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.