- Hong Kong protesters wear LeBron James masks Wednesday 7:58 PM
- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
Now that IHOP has transitioned itself to IHOb (effectively going from the International House of Pancakes to the International House of Burgers, much to the confusion of just about everyone), one YouTuber has taken it upon himself to try the product and give his 1 million subscribers a review dripping with sarcasm.
YouTube star TheReportOfTheWeek bought a classic burger with bacon and taste-tested it in front of his camera.
First, he compares the breakfast restaurant pivoting to burgers as a Mandela effect, and he extols the brilliance of the viral marketing scheme.
“And,” the YouTuber said, “it worked.”
After all, how can that be denied when everyone is talking about IHOb and its burgers?
Then, the entire video devolves into complete sarcasm when he visits an IHOP and goes on and on about how crowded the restaurant is and what a madhouse it is inside with people hungrily waiting in long lines to get their hands on some burgers (in reality, the restaurant is completely empty). We watch him delicately eat the burger, tap his lips with a napkin, and sip from his drink. Finally, he gives us his verdict.
The burger, he said, doesn’t look pretty, but it’s tastier than something you might find at McDonald’s or Burger King. He calls it a diner-style burger, comparable to something you’d eat at Denny’s. He said he has no grievances with his meal, and said “for what it is, I can’t complain.” Except for the bacon, which he said wasn’t as crispy as he would have liked.
But according to this YouTuber, the burger is solid. “Delve into it,” he said. “Enter the rabbit hole. Find out what mysteries [lie] within them.” And if you can find a way to make yourself look as dapper as this YouTuber, the experience will be that much richer.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.