- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
Now that IHOP has transitioned itself to IHOb (effectively going from the International House of Pancakes to the International House of Burgers, much to the confusion of just about everyone), one YouTuber has taken it upon himself to try the product and give his 1 million subscribers a review dripping with sarcasm.
YouTube star TheReportOfTheWeek bought a classic burger with bacon and taste-tested it in front of his camera.
First, he compares the breakfast restaurant pivoting to burgers as a Mandela effect, and he extols the brilliance of the viral marketing scheme.
“And,” the YouTuber said, “it worked.”
After all, how can that be denied when everyone is talking about IHOb and its burgers?
Then, the entire video devolves into complete sarcasm when he visits an IHOP and goes on and on about how crowded the restaurant is and what a madhouse it is inside with people hungrily waiting in long lines to get their hands on some burgers (in reality, the restaurant is completely empty). We watch him delicately eat the burger, tap his lips with a napkin, and sip from his drink. Finally, he gives us his verdict.
The burger, he said, doesn’t look pretty, but it’s tastier than something you might find at McDonald’s or Burger King. He calls it a diner-style burger, comparable to something you’d eat at Denny’s. He said he has no grievances with his meal, and said “for what it is, I can’t complain.” Except for the bacon, which he said wasn’t as crispy as he would have liked.
But according to this YouTuber, the burger is solid. “Delve into it,” he said. “Enter the rabbit hole. Find out what mysteries [lie] within them.” And if you can find a way to make yourself look as dapper as this YouTuber, the experience will be that much richer.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.