- Riots break out after a fake email about coronavirus went viral Thursday 8:59 PM
- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
Harry Potter lyrics somehow make Taylor Swift tunes even better
‘Welcome to Hogwarts, it’s been waiting for you!’
The actress and musician shared a Taylor Swift and Harry Potter mashup that has her playing Ron, Harry, Hermione, Luna, and Draco as they work their way through Swift’s biggest hits.
“Bad Blood” becomes “Mudblood,” while “Welcome to New York” transforms into “Welcome to Hogwarts.” This isn’t Parkin’s first Potter parody by far. She’s also done a Frozen cover called “Do You Wanna Build a Horcrux,” as well as tackled other pop stars like Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga.
No word yet if either Swift or J.K. Rowling has seen the tribute, but it’s only a matter of time.
Correction 5:49pm CT: An earlier version of this article mistakenly identified an earlier work by Parkin. The track in question was “Payphone” by Katy Perry.
Screengrab via weasleysweaters/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.