- Netflix will remove controversial disaster footage from ‘Bird Box’ Sunday 4:04 PM
- J.K. Rowling’s latest ‘Fantastic Beasts’ reveal is bringing the memes Sunday 3:01 PM
- President Trump calls for government agencies to ‘look into’ ‘Saturday Night Live’ Sunday 12:18 PM
- How to stream Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez for free Sunday 11:00 AM
- ‘Pet Sematary’ is a bloodless remake of a Stephen King classic Sunday 10:50 AM
- Here’s the Marvel movie order list you didn’t know you needed Sunday 9:59 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on weed? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Billions’ season 4 for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- If you’re not using Vudu, you’re missing out Sunday 6:00 AM
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp Sunday 5:30 AM
- ‘The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley’ tries to get a read on Elizabeth Holmes Saturday 1:57 PM
- ‘Band Together with Logic’ shows us the best of the Internet Saturday 1:32 PM
- How to watch Spence vs. Garcia online Saturday 12:00 PM
- Far-right Australian politician gets egged by teen on video Saturday 11:28 AM
- Inside the solar-powered van that’s recording your favorite bands Saturday 10:48 AM
Taylor Swift wrote a touching letter to a fan who lost her mom to cancer
“You’ve lived through my worst fear,” Swift, whose mom was recently diagnosed with cancer, wrote.
From showing up at bridal showers to sending out Christmas presents, Taylor Swift has a history of reaching out to her fans to make them feel special. But on Mother’s Day, a note that a Swiftie left on her Tumblr prompted her to drop everything and respond.
The message was from a young girl named Kaileen who was feeling especially lonely on the holiday after losing her mother last January.
“My mom was my best friend, the one I laughed with, the one I cried with, and the one I loved with my whole heart,” Kaileen wrote. She went on to tell Swift that her music “filled that hole” left by her mother’s absence. “You took me out of my sad place and made me happy. And because of you, I got through something that was the hardest thing in the world for me.”
The touching note struck a deeply personal chord with Swift, who announced just a month ago that her mother Andrea is currently battling cancer. The singer wrote back:
Kaileen- I love you so much and can’t imagine what you must be feeling today. You’ve lived through my worst fear. I’m so sorry you can’t spend today with her. It’s not fair, and there’s no reason why you should feel okay about it. No one should ever expect you to feel normal today. I admire and respect your ability to put forth such a sunny, sweet disposition when you’ve been through something so dark and tragic so recently. I never would’ve guessed by your attitude or your posts. I never would’ve known if you hadn’t told me. Sending you a huge hug today. Gonna go get iced coffee and cheers to you. 🙂
Kaileen, who goes by “iced coffee girl” on Tumblr, was elated by the singer’s response and took a series of selfies to commemorate her happiness.
“if you’ve ever wondered what pure happiness looks like, it’s this,” she wrote in the captions.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.