- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok 4 Years Ago
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? 4 Years Ago
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved 4 Years Ago
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari 4 Years Ago
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Today 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Today 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Today 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Today 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Today 2:45 PM
- Homophobic preacher wants Pete Buttigieg to renounce fisting and rimming Today 2:33 PM
- ‘The Liar, the Snitch, and the War Crimes’: Twitter roasts news of Trump Jr. book deal Today 12:36 PM
- Polar Peak in Fortnite is cracking, and players think a dragon may be beneath the ice Today 12:07 PM
- ‘Rise of Skywalker’ first look reveals mysterious new characters Today 12:00 PM
- Meet the anti-choice, pro-NRA Trump supporter challenging Rep. Justin Amash Today 11:51 AM
- Moby attempts to prove he dated Natalie Portman with a shirtless photo Today 11:39 AM
Taylor Swift wrote a touching letter to a fan who lost her mom to cancer
“You’ve lived through my worst fear,” Swift, whose mom was recently diagnosed with cancer, wrote.
From showing up at bridal showers to sending out Christmas presents, Taylor Swift has a history of reaching out to her fans to make them feel special. But on Mother’s Day, a note that a Swiftie left on her Tumblr prompted her to drop everything and respond.
The message was from a young girl named Kaileen who was feeling especially lonely on the holiday after losing her mother last January.
“My mom was my best friend, the one I laughed with, the one I cried with, and the one I loved with my whole heart,” Kaileen wrote. She went on to tell Swift that her music “filled that hole” left by her mother’s absence. “You took me out of my sad place and made me happy. And because of you, I got through something that was the hardest thing in the world for me.”
The touching note struck a deeply personal chord with Swift, who announced just a month ago that her mother Andrea is currently battling cancer. The singer wrote back:
Kaileen- I love you so much and can’t imagine what you must be feeling today. You’ve lived through my worst fear. I’m so sorry you can’t spend today with her. It’s not fair, and there’s no reason why you should feel okay about it. No one should ever expect you to feel normal today. I admire and respect your ability to put forth such a sunny, sweet disposition when you’ve been through something so dark and tragic so recently. I never would’ve guessed by your attitude or your posts. I never would’ve known if you hadn’t told me. Sending you a huge hug today. Gonna go get iced coffee and cheers to you. 🙂
Kaileen, who goes by “iced coffee girl” on Tumblr, was elated by the singer’s response and took a series of selfies to commemorate her happiness.
“if you’ve ever wondered what pure happiness looks like, it’s this,” she wrote in the captions.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.