- Pornhub sued by deaf man who wants closed captioning in videos Thursday 7:52 PM
- 70,000 Tinder photos of women are being circulated in cybercrime forum Thursday 7:26 PM
- YouTuber faces backlash for using paper towels to soak up an entire swimming pool Thursday 6:54 PM
- Trump’s latest impeachment tweet inspires perfect meme Thursday 6:07 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ fans dredge up new cast member’s racist tweets Thursday 4:53 PM
- This Bernie Sanders subreddit just banned all content from CNN Thursday 3:52 PM
- Deepfake app turns you into your favorite GIFs Thursday 3:43 PM
- GOP senator calls CNN reporter ‘liberal hack’ Thursday 2:20 PM
- Queer developer blasts Steam over ‘backwards’ adult filter review Thursday 2:20 PM
- Woman blasts Stephen Colbert for not paying when she was an intern Thursday 1:05 PM
- Everyone’s seen the ‘Mayo Pete’ memes except Pete Buttigieg Thursday 1:05 PM
- How to watch ‘Diary of a Future President’ Thursday 1:01 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 3 on hold indefinitely Thursday 12:07 PM
- Teen’s TikTok sends powerful message about domestic violence Thursday 11:22 AM
- ‘OK boomer’ meme makes it to the Supreme Court Thursday 11:02 AM
Robert Pattinson seems like one of the most chill celebrities you could ever meet. Whether he’s taking his stalkers out to dinner or hating on his own movies, he’s just got that laid back attitude that makes you realize there probably isn’t much that could faze him.
So fans didn’t find it all too surprising when they realized that, in the middle of an interview, RPattz dropped his gum in a nearby glass of water and, only moments later, picked up that same glass to take a sip.
robert pattinson throwing his gum in a glass of water and then drinking from it pic.twitter.com/hFa2V5wAID— robert doing things (@pattinsonthings) November 29, 2019
Whether it had been a strange but purposeful power move by the future Batman actor, or if he had just made a terrible mistake was unclear, but fans are utterly taken in by this potentially charming display of cluelessness.
“Lmfao you cannot tell me that this man didn’t realize what he did and instantly regret it,” one fan tweeted.
Some are actually digging just how gross and chaotic Pattinson seems to be.
“Ugh he’s so gross, I love him,” another wrote.
this mans energy is just chaotic— maisie (@maisienmcd) November 30, 2019
ugh he’s so gross, I love him— Kim (@cosmic__angst) November 29, 2019
I thought it was gonna cut to like a minute later where maybe he forgot he put it in there but nope... literally seconds later he drinks it 😂— Taryll Baker (@taryllbaker) November 30, 2019
the moment he did the math,i have to call pisagor pic.twitter.com/mY34URatb8— elü (@elifrona) November 30, 2019
While some were grossed out by the possibility of him retrieving his recently discarded wad to chew once more, others felt it was incredibly relatable and possibly even a smart idea.
“Okay but i…… do this when i have cold water and minty gum,” one fan admitted. “I like to let it kinda freeze while it’s in the water so i can chew it again.”
okay but i...... do this when i have cold water and minty gum. i like to let it kinda freeze while it’s in the water so i can chew it again. i guess im the only one lmao— jem (@lovelyfezco) December 1, 2019
the gum was just in his mouth. the water is going in his mouth. big whoop— ana • FINN DAY (@oxtozier) December 1, 2019
I don’t think it’s gross at all, but it gives off a weird chaotic energy ?? But, it’s mostly funny so it’s worth point out lol— siana 💛 (@_sianaxx) December 1, 2019
I’ve never thought of doing that before. He’s smart. 👀✨— 💮MICHEY💮 (@Mimi_NFM) December 1, 2019
But chaotic energy aside, the ultimate question here remains unanswered. Did Pattinson swallow the gum along with the water? Or did he just get a minty flavored mouthful? These are the things that will keep RPattz stans up at night. We need answers. We deserve answers.
i wanna be the glass— dont be spillin yer beans (@StellrStella) November 30, 2019
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.