- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Nicki Minaj officially announced that she’s taking on 2017 as a single woman.
On Thursday, the “Anaconda” singer took to Twitter to confirm that she and hubby Meek Mill were no more after two years of dating. In the post, she wrote, “To confirm, yes I am single,” before wishing fans a blessed year.
To confirm, yes I am single. Focusing on my work & looking forward to sharing it with you guys really soon. Have a blessed New Year. Love u🎀— YIKES (@NICKIMINAJ) January 5, 2017
Obviously, the internet isn’t taking a knee and missing out on this opportunity to roast Meek Mill on levels of high heat for his epic loss.
Meek mill bout to either drop the saddest or the loudest song of 2017 facts— J (@TieUpMyDurag) January 5, 2017
Meek Mill is the ugly guy you give a chance and he forgets he's ugly.— Spanishflyy® (@KiiDiosa) January 5, 2017
And it was inevitable that Drake was going to be dragged into this, especially considering his back-and-forth beef with the rapper. After a series of diss songs and social media feuds, Drake may have officially won the war.
At the end of the day, we know Drake is leaving JLo bc he never f***** Nicki b/c she got a man but when that's over then he's first in line. pic.twitter.com/XJyuuUFDhJ— 𝖓𝖆𝖓𝖆 𝖏𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖑 (@girlswithtoys) January 5, 2017
I wonder who Nicki is going to date again before she realizes Drake and her are meant to be together. 💞💕 pic.twitter.com/J5v1c1wT6X— Chidi Okereke (@Chydee) January 5, 2017
Despite the Twitter chaos, Meek Mill’s been keeping a low profile. His single tweet addressed the idea of success with an inspirational quote:
Success belongs only to those who are willing to work harder than anyone else.— MEEK MILL fan (@ItsMeekMill) January 5, 2017
But the real success is the glorious resurgence of these Drake memes. We sincerely hope they’re here to stay.
Dahlia Dandashi is a multimedia content producer. Her work has been published at the Austin American-Statesman and Viceland. An Arab-American raised in Dubai, she is based in Austin, Texas.