- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides 3 Years Ago
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign 3 Years Ago
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
Miley Cyrus shouts out Troye Sivan for ‘being brave’
The first one that like actually mattered to me, who has since come out as not straight is Miley Cyrus. I remember when I was like 13 and watching Hannah Montana, I thought she was like the coolest person in the world, and she wrote a song called ‘My Heart Beats for Love’ and she said in an interview that it was about her gay best friend, and I was like, ‘Oh my god Miley Cyrus has a gay best friend.’ Why am I not that person? If everyone in the world rejects me, I can just go become friends with Miley Cyrus.
In response, Cyrus—who opened up about her sexuality in 2015—posted to Instagram, thanking Sivan for “being brave” and that she’s inspired to continue her “work/purpose.”
A photo posted by Miley Cyrus (@mileycyrus) on
Could a collaboration be next?
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.