- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
YouTube star Logan Paul isn’t exactly known for his political activism. But the Alabama legislature’s passage of a bill that effectively bans abortion in the state inspired him to tweet out his displeasure on Thursday.
He did so by drawing dicks on the faces of the 25 white men—all Republicans—who voted in favor of the bill. Within an hour of Paul’s message, it had been retweeted more than 800 times and liked more than 6,000 times.
i took the liberty of drawing tiny dicks on the 25 male senators who voted to ban abortion in Alabama pic.twitter.com/ns0x02MzY1— Logan Paul (@LoganPaul) May 16, 2019
While Paul doesn’t appear to have much artistic ability, the dicks on the men’s faces showed a nice variety. There were round dicks, shorter dicks with large testicles, upside-down dicks, stubby dicks, and a dick that made one legislature look like an elephant.
The comments on the tweet were mixed, with the majority of commenters saying they loved Paul even more now and would be willing to buy more merchandise from him. Others claimed they would no longer be following him. But it’s an interesting move by Paul because he doesn’t usually get political on social media.
He’s been the face of controversy on YouTube since he uploaded a video of a dead body from a Japanese suicide forest at the beginning of 2018. There were many times in the following 17 months where it seemed the Daily Dot’s Worst YouTuber of 2018 hadn’t learned his lesson about not creating highly offensive material.
For example, he declared earlier this year on his ImPaulsive podcast that he would “go gay” for the month of March. He faced plenty of criticism for that apparent joke, and he quickly apologized, offering to talk to a GLAAD representative on his podcast.
very poor choice of words... my fault. let’s get together and talk about it on my podcast next week? https://t.co/Ki8RKgMJOO— Logan Paul (@LoganPaul) January 12, 2019
Even with the positive response to his latest tweet about abortion, there’s a good chance Paul will find controversy sometime soon. That seems to be what his brand is about, after all. But at least on Thursday, Paul decided not to act like, um, such a dick.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.