- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf 2 Years Ago
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Today 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Today 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
Between her tone deaf Pepsi commercial and appropriative t-shirt line, it’s been a bad couple of months in the press for Kendall Jenner, but her latest “hiccup” looks like it’s probably a misunderstanding.
Over the weekend, a Brooklyn bar and music venue Instagrammed a photo of the Keeping up with the Kardashians star’s $24 signed receipt. Their gripe? The tip field was left completely blank.
“Don’t forget to tip your bartender :)” they cheekily captioned it, leaving “JENNER/KENDALL N”* clearly visible beneath the signature line.
First, she embedded a message from a fan: “I love @KendallJenner I’m sure there’s more to this story. Everyone’s so quick to judge cause she’s part of the Kardashians.” Then Jenner added her own thoughts.
“Damn, I guess next time I won’t tip in cash,” she tweeted.
damn, i guess next time we won't tip in cash https://t.co/iZ4tFt3pg7— Kendall (@KendallJenner) August 8, 2017
And just like that, the story makes sense. Is there proof that she tipped in cash? Not that we’re aware of—but at least the explanation sounds feasible.
*Fun fact: the N. stands for Nicole after Nicole Brown Simpson, Kris Jenner’s dear friend.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.