- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants 2 Years Ago
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted 2 Years Ago
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? 2 Years Ago
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site 2 Years Ago
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real Today 11:33 AM
- Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park Five death penalty ads Today 11:08 AM
- While Rubio smiles at Trump’s campaign rally, the internet drags him Today 11:04 AM
Accused of stiffing bar, Kendall Jenner fires back on Twitter
She has a true-sounding explanation.
Between her tone deaf Pepsi commercial and appropriative t-shirt line, it’s been a bad couple of months in the press for Kendall Jenner, but her latest “hiccup” looks like it’s probably a misunderstanding.
Over the weekend, a Brooklyn bar and music venue Instagrammed a photo of the Keeping up with the Kardashians star’s $24 signed receipt. Their gripe? The tip field was left completely blank.
“Don’t forget to tip your bartender :)” they cheekily captioned it, leaving “JENNER/KENDALL N”* clearly visible beneath the signature line.
First, she embedded a message from a fan: “I love @KendallJenner I’m sure there’s more to this story. Everyone’s so quick to judge cause she’s part of the Kardashians.” Then Jenner added her own thoughts.
“Damn, I guess next time I won’t tip in cash,” she tweeted.
damn, i guess next time we won't tip in cash https://t.co/iZ4tFt3pg7
— Kendall (@KendallJenner) August 8, 2017
And just like that, the story makes sense. Is there proof that she tipped in cash? Not that we’re aware of—but at least the explanation sounds feasible.
*Fun fact: the N. stands for Nicole after Nicole Brown Simpson, Kris Jenner’s dear friend.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.