- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter 2 Years Ago
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app 2 Years Ago
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go 2 Years Ago
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater 2 Years Ago
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
- Why was parody Twitter account Seinfeld2000 suspended? Today 11:06 AM
- Ed Sheeran lookalike trolls YouTubers at KSI-Logan Paul fight Today 10:21 AM
- ‘The World According to Jeff Goldblum’ is for stans only Today 9:28 AM
Swift posted a video to her Instagram Story on Tuesday showing a gift box from Perry that included the peace offering and a letter congratulating her on the opening night of her stadium tour in Glendale, Arizona.
“This means so much to me,” Swift says in the video.
Katy Perry sent Taylor an olive branch for the opening night of the reputation Stadium Tour! pic.twitter.com/6GDamcxezI— Taylor Swift Updates (@TSwiftPR) May 8, 2018
The first few lines of the letter are as follows:
“Hey old friend, I have been doing some reflecting on past miscommunications and hurt feelings between us. I really want to clear the air …”
Perry also writes she’s “deeply sorry,” but the note cuts off there in the video.
Last May, Perry told talk show host James Corden that the beef between to two singers started over backup dancers’ contracts, according to the Huffington Post. Swift’s song “Bad Blood” has long been rumored to be about Swift, and Perry’s “Swish, Swish” probably alludes to the drama as well.
Fans received the news that the years-long feud has finally been resolved with shock and joy.
I’M SORRY, THE KATY/TAYLOR FUED CAN’T COME TO THE PHONE RIGHT NOW pic.twitter.com/xdUvzqnDUU— getaway sar ✨ (@screaminggogogo) May 8, 2018
Me as soon as i saw 'Katy' and 'Hey old friend' pic.twitter.com/Ju6pNw0JfL— Hannah wants to hug Taylor on 15/06/18 (@Hannah_Swiftie) May 8, 2018
KATY/TAYLOR FEUD IS OVER OMFG THE #1 SMASH HIT COLLAB IS COMING pic.twitter.com/Bx12dbTypz— ⚜️ (@TlTTYSWIFT) May 8, 2018
If Swift and Perry can overcome their differences, maybe there’s hope for world peace after all.
First North and South Korea, now Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, we're one step closer to world peace— H. (@mijacabello97) May 8, 2018
Sure, the Iran nuclear deal fell through, but Katy Perry and Taylor Swift have made up. In international diplomacy, you win some and you lose some.— itsonlyzach (@itsonlyzach) May 8, 2018
If Katy Perry can stop hating Taylor Swift, every random verified blogger with less than 3,000 followers can too.— xgiacoppox126-Vinnie (@xgiacoppox126) May 8, 2018
Or at least a collaboration.
Taylor Swift & Katy Perry— Music Tea & Facts (@PopFactsNews) May 8, 2018
H/T Huffington Post
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.