- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
As it turns out, celebrities sometimes lie about things–and that includes James Corden.
A fan on Twitter caught the host of The Late Late Show, and its wildly popular segment Carpool Karaoke, in one of those said lies. While Corden may be the person behind the wheel, that doesn’t mean he’s the one driving around celebrities–such as Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, and Billie Eilish–while dueting hits.
“Saw James corden and Justin Bieber filming carpool karaoke and this is why I have trust issues — he isn’t even driving,” Twitter user @zolihonig wrote in a now-viral tweet.
Zolihonig included a video of what they spotted. In the video, Corden and Bieber can be seen sitting in the “Carpool Karaoke car” while they are getting towed along by a truck.
Saw James corden and Justin Bieber filming carpool karaoke and this is why I have trust issues — he isn't even driving! pic.twitter.com/bkP9moGJmu— Zoli ⚡️ (@zolihonig) January 23, 2020
Another Twitter user shared their Carpool Karaoke sighting as well.
Lol I saw it too pic.twitter.com/1VMJvGJDlZ— avrumi (@avrumim) January 23, 2020
Fans are shook by the “revelation.”
“U WANNA TELL ME ALL THOSE TIMES I WATCHED THOSE CARPOOL KARAOKE VIDEOS JAMES CORDEN WAS JUST FAKING IT AND WASNT DRIVING AT ALL I-” Twitter user typicalbizzzle wrote.
For some, it’s kind of like finding out Santa isn’t real all over again.
“MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE,” Twitter user @redlego___ wrote.
U WANNA TELL ME ALL THOSE TIMES I WATCHED THOSE CARPOOL KARAOKE VIDEOS JAMES CORDEN WAS JUST FAKING IT AND WASNT DRIVING AT ALL I- pic.twitter.com/shc7itYlic— morsal (@typicalbizzzle) January 23, 2020
WTF JAMES CORDEN DOESNT DRIVE THE CAR ????!!!! MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE pic.twitter.com/aBSUs1Hoxz— Sammy (@redlego___) January 23, 2020
the fact that james corden doesn’t actually drive during carpool karaoke must be the biggest lie since we found out that zac efron didn’t sing when he played troy bolton pic.twitter.com/NedLpSAu6I— floor ◟̽◞̽ (@Tomlinbucks) January 23, 2020
JAMES CORDEN DOESNT EVEN DRIVE WHEN HE DOES CARPOOL KARAOKE😭😭 WHAT THE FUCK DOES HE KEEP TURNING THR CAR FOR THEN😭😭 THIS IS SOME ULTIMATE CLICKBAIT SHI pic.twitter.com/77KwryU9sJ— even if I die it's you⁷ 🕊🌨🌫🦢 (@epiphanq) January 23, 2020
James Corden pretending to be driving, but knowing damn well he’s just getting pulled by a damn truck I- pic.twitter.com/Dvy89HvHD9— ivy marie (@ivysaysrawr) January 23, 2020
Yet, others can’t believe people actually thought Corden drove the car.
“People are shook that James Corden doesn’t drive during carpool karaoke…and I’m over here going…you thought he did? no one ever does. It’s called safety and filming,” Twitter user @rachsuperstarr wrote.
As Twitter user @davidblattman pointed out, it may be best the lives of Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, and many other beloved artists aren’t in the hands of a comedian driving a car while trying to belt out tunes.
I'm shocked people didn't assume this is exactly how Carpool Karaoke is filmed. You think James Corden's driving a car with the world's most famous people in it?— Blattman (@davidblattman) January 23, 2020
"James, you crashed and killed Gaga."
"Sorry! My eyes were closed when the Shallow chorus came on."
Fuck outta here. https://t.co/pLDldG7xNK
People are shook that James Corden doesn’t drive during carpool karaoke...and I’m over here going...you thought he did? no one ever does. It’s called safety and filming.— Rachel Jewett (@rachsuperstarr) January 23, 2020
And if you’re wondering, Corden has actually been spotted driving the car before.
Y’all when I saw One Direction filming Carpool Karaoke James was actually driving 👀 pic.twitter.com/e8rIEYLgE3— n. (@nikkitbfh) January 23, 2020
- Fan found ‘Good Omen’s’ filming locations and recreated scenes through photos(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ stars Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams team up for ‘Carpool Karaoke’
Felix Kalvesmaki is a second-year student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern for the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in Input magazine, Teen Vogue, and on Texas NPR station KERA.