- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? 5 Months Ago
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained 5 Months Ago
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Today 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Today 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Today 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
- Conquer Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether you’re shopping online or IRL Today 10:40 AM
- #DeadUploadDay: YouTubers fight new rules for monetizing kids videos Today 10:39 AM
People were shocked to see some rather concerning tweets coming from Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account on Monday morning.
As it turns out, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody star’s account was hacked. Sprouse wrote on Twitter that he was able to regain control of his account on Monday evening.
Gained my account back, got hacked obviously... as if these idiots didn’t make it easy enough to tell. Think it’s and cell service provider thing. Fixing it ASAP but I’m in Tokyo with Barbara for our anniversary so thanks for the patience everyone and sorry for the trouble— Dylan Sprouse (@dylansprouse) June 17, 2019
It seems there were two hackers who were seeking to gain followers on their personal Twitter accounts, as they dropped their user names in one of the tweets.
I’ll give Dylan Sprouse the benefit of the doubt that he was hacked. But the real question is “Who’s retweeting this?” pic.twitter.com/U7yjxRyJAX— Abdullahi (@AbdilleAbdulla) June 17, 2019
They also made a mess of Sprouse’s account, @dylansprouse, by blasting offensive comments to his nearly five million followers.
A racist post was tweeted out from his account. The hackers even dragged his girlfriend Barbara Palvin into the mix by retweeting an offensive comment about her from his account.
SOMEONE HACKED DYLAN SPROUSE IM- pic.twitter.com/49kR5VfcTh— hot girl lil (@ImLiterallyLily) June 17, 2019
“Someone hacked Dylan Sprouse Im-,” one Twitter user wrote.
As expected, Sprouse’s followers were confused and wanted answers.
lmao what is dylan sprouse up to pic.twitter.com/vP6V80wuZQ— rose (@Kaitlynrose_17) June 17, 2019
“lmao what is Dylan Sprouse up to?” one Twitter user asked.
Many had their own theories as to who hacked Sprouse.
Some joked that it could be the manager of the fictional Tipton Hotel from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody or even the ghost in suite 613. If you know, you know.
“I have an idea who hacked Cole & Dylan Sprouse and he’s tired of them recking his lobby,” one Twitter user wrote.
I have an idea who hacked Cole & Dylan Sprouse and he’s tired of them recking his lobby. pic.twitter.com/ncib04ptQG— VeNate13 (@VeNate13) June 17, 2019
Dylan Sprouse just got hacked; I think I know who did it pic.twitter.com/z8x9aZCoX5— YUSELESS (@I_am_Yuseless) June 17, 2019
- Can you spot an email from a hacker?
- Racist, sexually explicit content tweeted from Buffalo Wild Wings account
- ‘Game of Thrones’ social account taken over in widespread HBO hack
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Caitlin Davis is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and the Austin Chronicle.