- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets 7 Months Ago
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets 7 Months Ago
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity 7 Months Ago
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Today 11:33 AM
- The cast list for the ‘Kingsman’ prequel movie looks totally nuts Today 11:17 AM
- The best Prime Day deals to heat up your kitchen Today 11:16 AM
- YouTuber Emily Hartridge killed in electric scooter crash Today 10:50 AM
- Is Lashana Lynch really playing 007 in the new Bond movie? Today 10:33 AM
- Trump demands apology after his racist tweets Today 10:21 AM
- Prime Day deals that’ll make you grateful for your Amazon membership Today 9:51 AM
- Netflix’s ‘4L’ takes a long road trip to the Sahara Today 9:04 AM
- Air Force says it’s ready to ‘protect’ Area 51 amid Facebook event buzz Today 9:02 AM
- Get 50% off 23andMe DNA tests today for Prime Day Today 9:00 AM
- The best Prime Day streaming deals Today 8:47 AM
- ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 is a triumphant return to form Today 8:19 AM
Dave Hill suspended from Twitter for barraging Trump supporters with ‘your mom’ jokes
The suspension has given Hill a lot of time to think about your mom.
Comedian/musician/podcaster Dave Hill has been suspended from Twitter for telling Donald Trump supporters he had sex with their moms (and sometimes their dads, too).
In a Facebook post from Dec. 1, Hill claimed that after a month of replying to Trump supporters who harassed him and sometimes threatened violence by stating he had or would have sex with their mothers, he was finally suspended. He wrote:
Was it worth it? Sure. Am I a hero? Probably. But the important thing to remember here is that we all have a job in the #resistance. For some, it’s speaking out against injustice. For others, it’s getting people registered to vote. And for more than 30 days straight in the fall of 2018, mine was telling Trump supporters I porked their moms, sometimes in the butt and often with their husbands filming and buying us pizza afterward. I guess my point is there will be casualties along the way, but don’t ever give up the fight.
Well, it took some doing, but after more than a month straight of mom jokes directed at Trump supporters replying to me...Posted by Dave Hill on Saturday, December 1, 2018
Hill, who has appeared on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and performs in the black metal band Witch Taint, can’t tweet until Dec. 8, but his Twitter account is still live. However, it appears that many of his “Your mom” tweets are now gone.
In a statement, Hill explained that “Twitter asked me to remove some and I just went ahead and got rid of all them as a preemptive strike. I guess it’s kind of like how Tibetan monks make those beautiful sand mandalas and then completely destroy them afterward.”
Hill did state that he would continue this important work on other platforms. And the hashtag #SaveDave has started circulating, with friends and allies pointing out the ridiculousness of Hill being suspended when there are actual white supremacists on Twitter. Others are picking up the slack while he’s in Twitter jail.
Guys, one thing that brings me joy in these dark times is @mrdavehill’s “Your mom” (& your dad) jokes, but some goober reported him & he’s suspended for a week. Why is the punishment for being a hilarious idiot swifter & harsher than for being a Nazi here? #SaveDave— Caissie St.Onge (@Caissie) December 1, 2018
My friend @mrdavehill was suspended from twitter for saying he porked the moms of some Trump supporters harassing him. This is not a crime. If porking a conservative's mom were a crime, Dave would've gone to jail long ago. #SaveDave— Jim Tews (@jimtews) December 3, 2018
Ah, it appears there is at least one ray of light in this dim world.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.