- House promises April vote on bill to restore net neutrality rules 3 Months Ago
- Here’s how many YouTube subscribers Shane Dawson lost for his old bestiality joke Today 9:26 AM
- Drag queen spreads joy to toddler, world with ‘Baby Shark’ performance Today 9:21 AM
- How many ‘chuggas’ should come before choo choo? Today 9:10 AM
- Cory Booker’s weirdly sensual relationship with coffee resurfaces Today 8:31 AM
- Everything you need to know about gaming chat client Discord Today 8:00 AM
- Report: Your Facebook feed is still ripe with fake news Today 7:42 AM
- The 10 best movies based on true stories on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Prager University is fighting ‘leftist indoctrination’ on college campuses Today 7:00 AM
- Can ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’ recover from its disastrous drama? Today 6:00 AM
- Devin Nunes is suing Twitter over parody accounts of his mom, cow Monday 8:15 PM
- The best new movies at SXSW 2019 Monday 7:55 PM
- #AbledsAreWeird demonstrates how not to treat people with disabilities Monday 7:33 PM
- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Monday 5:03 PM
Offset interrupted Cardi B’s set at Rolling Loud Festival, and fans are pissed
The estranged husband of Cardi B, Kiari Cephus—better known as Offset—interrupted her set at Saturday’s Rolling Loud Festival in Los Angeles to ask her to take him back. Though many speculated that the interruption was staged, fans were not amused.
The Migos rapper waltzed onto the stage during Cardi B‘s performance with flowers and a cake, along with a huge written request to “Take me back Cardi.” Cardi, the headliner Saturday night, paused her performance to exchange words with her ex before he was ushered offstage.
Cardi announced her separation from Offset on Instagram earlier this month, after just over a year of marriage.
Yooo craziest shit happened at Rolling Loud. Offset interrupted Cardi B’s HEADLINING performance, in order to publicly ask her to take him back. She was not HAVING IT. pic.twitter.com/xmOpgs3Vqz
— Romario Bautista (@coquihanii) December 16, 2018
“Don’t take him back,” one fan can be heard yelling in a video. “Once a cheater always a cheater!”
People on Twitter seemed to agree, with many condemning Offset for choosing to confront Cardi while she was working.
“Offset disrupting Cardi’s performance is like your ex running up on. [sic] you at your job in the middle of a meeting. This is not acceptable or cute. Or romantic. It’s creepy and unstable,” one user wrote.
Offset disrupting Cardi's performance is like your ex running up on. you at your job in the middle of a meeting. This is not acceptable or cute. Or romantic. It's creepy and unstable.
— Demetria L. Lucas (@demetriallucas) December 16, 2018
Some people theorized that the entire encounter was staged, while others were convinced that Offset’s “romantic” gesture was genuine.
“I think this is staged,” one Twitter user wrote. “Could be wrong, but it feels very very fake. Idk. IF it’s not staged, this isn’t cute or endearing at all. He’s borderline stalking her. Interrupting her while she works? No.”
This is getting out of hand. He’s interrupting her work now https://t.co/YMV1ncYvM9
— Ivie Ani (@ivieani) December 16, 2018
“This video makes me uncomfortable af,” one user wrote. “Offset should of take the hint and stop apologizing to Cardi. At this point Cardi don’t wanna hear his apologies. Offset need to lay low for a while and think about what he has done. Nothing working at this point.”
This video makes me uncomfortable af. Offset should of take the hint and stop apologizing to Cardi. At this point Cardi dont wanna hear his apologies. Offset need to lay low for a while and think about what he has done. Nothing working at this point.
— Pretty Eye Hustler (@PretyEyeTrapper) December 16, 2018
Though opinions were split on the authenticity of the gesture, most everyone agreed that Cardi handled the situation with grace and poise.
Yo no cap. She was mad. she kicked him out and 30 seconds after she came back with a big smile like a boss and killed this gig. 🙏🏾✨ meanwhile I can’t even go pick up my favorite beanie from my X. Respect.
— ✨𝕾𝖈𝖆𝖒 𝕷𝖎𝖐𝖊𝖑𝖞✨ (@OhManManManny) December 16, 2018
Everyone talking about Offset wilding out. But what stands out to me is how graceful Cardi has been. She announced the breakup but she’s not talking shit about him (though she has every right to), and maintains respect for him as her child’s father while doing her own thing.
— William Ketchum III (@WEKetchum) December 16, 2018
It’s uncertain if Offset was genuinely trying to win back Cardi’s affections or just trying to drum up some drama, but one thing is certain—everyone is talking about these two today.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.