- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video 6 Months Ago
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
Minaj and Cardi B made headlines last week after a near-altercation at New York Fashion Week that resulted in Cardi launching her shoe at Minaj. Since the incident, fans of both artists have speculated about what started the fight and who is to blame.
Can't believe Nicki Minaj is being compared to Cardi B. There isn't even a competition!!! Nicki's songs have art and depth while Cardi's? Just a bunch of words trying to fight someone. 💁♂️💁♂️💁♂️
— COLEEN (@coleenverzosa) September 10, 2018
Nicki Minaj: "I couldn't believe how embarrassing Cardi B was at NYFW"
Also, Nicki Minaj: pic.twitter.com/IFleNK8d3T
— Malcolm UX 🇳🇬 (@its_kachi) September 10, 2018
Cardi B posted about the incident on Instagram the following day, revealing that Minaj’s comments about her child and parenting skills are what set her off. “When you mention my child, you choose to like comments about me as a mother, make comments about my abilities to take care of my daughter is when all bets are fuckin off,” the rapper said.
Minaj responded in her radio show Monday, saying that she never spoke ill of Cardi’s daughter or parenting skills. “I would never talk about anyone’s child or parenting. I don’t care about anyone’s parenting,” Minaj said.
She proceeded to make several shots at Cardi, stating that she “built her career off of sympathy and payola” and calling her a “disgusting pig.” She then suggested that Cardi may be suffering from postpartum depression. “Let’s get up a 1-800 number for postpartum depression,” she said. “It’s nothing to joke about. You just had the biggest blessing of your life with a child, and in two weeks you have attacked three women—one at Fashion Week.”
Minaj also expressed how “mortified” she was over the entire incident because of the bad press on the two as Black women in the public eye. “I could not believe how humiliating it all felt because [of] how we made ourselves look,” she said.
“You’re angry and you’re sad and this is not funny and this is not about attacking,” Minaj continued, addressing Cardi directly. “You put your hands on certain people, you gonna die. Period.”
As of Monday evening, Cardi B has not responded to the radio show.
Alexis Tatum studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Orange magazine and the Daily Texan.