- Alex Jones questions reported suicide of Sandy Hook father Tuesday 9:59 PM
- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ is the newest clapback for instant regret Tuesday 6:42 PM
- This viral video of Pope Francis not letting anyone kiss his hand is weird Tuesday 6:04 PM
- What does the EU’s Copyright Directive mean for the future of the internet? Tuesday 5:16 PM
- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case Tuesday 3:51 PM
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Tuesday 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Tuesday 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Tuesday 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Tuesday 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Tuesday 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Tuesday 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Tuesday 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Tuesday 10:17 AM
Kathy Hutchins/Shutterstock (Licensed)
Last week, Cardi B announced on Instagram that she and her husband, rapper Offest, are no longer together after just one year of marriage.
“It might take time to get a divorce and I’m going to always have a lot of love for him because he is my daughter’s father,” she said on Instagram.
Shortly after, TMZ posted shady text messages revealing Offset was looking for a threesome without Cardi B. Model Summer Bunni then came forward as Offset’s mistress, seemingly confirming the cheating rumors.
Yesterday, Offest tweeted, “Fuck yall I miss Cardi.”
FUCK YALL I MISS CARDI
— OFFSET (@OffsetYRN) December 9, 2018
After rumors of cheating, the internet was relentless in letting the rapper know it doesn’t feel bad for him. Some users even used Cardi B’s own lyrics to respond.
“‘I like texts from my exes when they want a second chance’ Cardi B,” one person tweeted in reference to her song “I Like It.”
"I like texts from my exes when they want a second chance" Cardi B 🔥 https://t.co/nQyYZaoXwk
— Thando Zikalala (@zikalala_thando) December 9, 2018
And another famous singer’s lyrics. “Cardi said: thank u, next,” another person responded.
Cardi said : thank u, next https://t.co/6WdKj6OCSA
— jessica ❄ (@katysflicker) December 9, 2018
“You should change your name to upset,” someone told him.
You should change your name to upset https://t.co/wafjXOqJVu
— Toasted Lightie (@Mr200m_) December 10, 2018
Many pointed out the cheating rumor. “But you did it to yerself though, chief,” someone on Twitter said.
But you did it to yerself though, chief. https://t.co/nGjoq8dEyf
— '98 HBK (@Go_Los) December 10, 2018
“This is so…..pathetic….and utterly disgusting……imagine being a fucking compulsive cheater and trying to guilt trap the whole internet. desperate,” a person replied.
this is so…..pathetic….and utterly disgusting……imagine being a fucking compulsive cheater and trying to guilt trap the whole internet. desperate https://t.co/seE0wrXiCu
— ines (@legallyines) December 9, 2018
As Cardi B said, be careful with her. And probably the internet too.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.