- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Tuesday 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Tuesday 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Tuesday 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Tuesday 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Tuesday 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Tuesday 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Tuesday 12:22 PM
Nicki Minaj, Cardi B beef surges with viral Twitter hashtag
Twitter users are blaming Nicki Minaj left and right for stopping their bag (aka keeping them from making money). But the viral hashtag #NickiStoppedMyBag isn’t a dig at Minaj—it’s throwing shade at her fellow New York rapper Cardi B, and Nicki herself is egging it on.
The beef between the two rappers, of course, came to head in a skirmish at New York Fashion Week earlier this month. After launching her shoe in Nicki’s direction at the Harper’s Bazaar party, Cardi left with a huge bruise. She followed up with an Instagram post directed at Nicki, accusing her of keeping her from opportunities.
“I let you sneak diss me, I let you lie on me, I let you attempt to stop my bags … You’ve threaten other artists in the industry, told them if they work with me you’ll stop fuckin with them!!” Cardi wrote.
Nicki refuted the accusation on her show Queen Radio.
“You knew that when that footage came out you would look dumb,” Nicki said about the clip from the fight. “I didn’t even feel the need to defend myself that night … She has built her career off of sympathy and payola.”
Meanwhile, Cardi is riding the high from the success of her collab with Maroon 5, “Girl Like You,” which just reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts and made her the first female rapper with three No. 1 songs. Between fashion shows in Milan in Paris, Cardi took a subtle jab at Nicki.
— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) September 26, 2018
“Why can’t y’all just stop making rumors that trying to make me look like I’m just over and everything?” Cardi said in an Instagram live video. “When my time is over, y’all will see when my time is over. My numbers will be going down, I’m not going to be on the charts, people will stop fucking with me. You’ll see.”
From there, Nicki fans stepped in on Tuesday with #NickiStoppedMyBag, belittling Cardi’s accusations against the Queen rapper.
My dealer is out. I jus know Nicki bought all his drugs #NickiStoppedMyBag
— Christina Rose MC (@christinarosemc) September 26, 2018
I went to McDonald’s and guess what? the ice cream machine was down, this was the work of Nicki. #NickiStoppedMyBag
— christina. (@caIImechrissy) September 26, 2018
The fire alarm system went off twice just this morning. I know Nicki Minaj is concocted this. She had me thinking my house was on fire….TWICE.
— S. (@trulyrudesam) September 26, 2018
— Troy. (@troymarajj) September 26, 2018
— BarneyTingz (@BarneyBeliever) September 26, 2018
— dyson (@dysonahola) September 26, 2018
— Jasmine______ (@StalkMy_Tweets) September 26, 2018
I Was At Work, When All Of A Sudden Nicki Wanted To Start Queen Radio Knowing I Was On The Clock! Like Why would She Start Her Radio Show When she Know I Have to Work!! She’s So Selfish And Wants Me To Fail. She Honestly is Trying To Get Me Fired. #NickiStoppedMyBag So selfish! pic.twitter.com/cqzLkGGwNi
— NissaLovesNicki🦄 (@anissawicloudc1) September 26, 2018
Even Nicki herself joined in.
And what about it? I’m going undercover today to stop more bags. 🛍🛑 https://t.co/C2ZgXtDzLt
— QUEEN (@NICKIMINAJ) September 26, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.