- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Nicki Minaj, Cardi B beef surges with viral Twitter hashtag
Twitter users are blaming Nicki Minaj left and right for stopping their bag (aka keeping them from making money). But the viral hashtag #NickiStoppedMyBag isn’t a dig at Minaj—it’s throwing shade at her fellow New York rapper Cardi B, and Nicki herself is egging it on.
The beef between the two rappers, of course, came to head in a skirmish at New York Fashion Week earlier this month. After launching her shoe in Nicki’s direction at the Harper’s Bazaar party, Cardi left with a huge bruise. She followed up with an Instagram post directed at Nicki, accusing her of keeping her from opportunities.
“I let you sneak diss me, I let you lie on me, I let you attempt to stop my bags … You’ve threaten other artists in the industry, told them if they work with me you’ll stop fuckin with them!!” Cardi wrote.
Nicki refuted the accusation on her show Queen Radio.
“You knew that when that footage came out you would look dumb,” Nicki said about the clip from the fight. “I didn’t even feel the need to defend myself that night … She has built her career off of sympathy and payola.”
Meanwhile, Cardi is riding the high from the success of her collab with Maroon 5, “Girl Like You,” which just reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts and made her the first female rapper with three No. 1 songs. Between fashion shows in Milan in Paris, Cardi took a subtle jab at Nicki.
— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) September 26, 2018
“Why can’t y’all just stop making rumors that trying to make me look like I’m just over and everything?” Cardi said in an Instagram live video. “When my time is over, y’all will see when my time is over. My numbers will be going down, I’m not going to be on the charts, people will stop fucking with me. You’ll see.”
From there, Nicki fans stepped in on Tuesday with #NickiStoppedMyBag, belittling Cardi’s accusations against the Queen rapper.
My dealer is out. I jus know Nicki bought all his drugs #NickiStoppedMyBag
— Christina Rose MC (@christinarosemc) September 26, 2018
I went to McDonald’s and guess what? the ice cream machine was down, this was the work of Nicki. #NickiStoppedMyBag
— christina. (@caIImechrissy) September 26, 2018
The fire alarm system went off twice just this morning. I know Nicki Minaj is concocted this. She had me thinking my house was on fire….TWICE.
— S. (@trulyrudesam) September 26, 2018
— Troy. (@troymarajj) September 26, 2018
— BustDownBarniana (@BarneyBeliever) September 26, 2018
— dyson (@dysonahola) September 26, 2018
— Jasmine______ (@StalkMy_Tweets) September 26, 2018
I Was At Work, When All Of A Sudden Nicki Wanted To Start Queen Radio Knowing I Was On The Clock! Like Why would She Start Her Radio Show When she Know I Have to Work!! She’s So Selfish And Wants Me To Fail. She Honestly is Trying To Get Me Fired. #NickiStoppedMyBag So selfish! pic.twitter.com/cqzLkGGwNi
— NissaLovesNicki🦄 (@anissawicloudc1) September 26, 2018
Even Nicki herself joined in.
And what about it? I’m going undercover today to stop more bags. 🛍🛑 https://t.co/C2ZgXtDzLt
— QUEEN (@NICKIMINAJ) September 26, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.