- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Friday 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Friday 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Friday 8:43 AM
|HOW TO WATCH 4K ON HULU|
|HULU LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
Though you can watch 4K content on Hulu, the streaming service currently offers far fewer options than its competitors.
While HD is now the standard for TV, film, and most videos streaming online, some people have jumped over to 4K—a resolution four times higher than 1080p, the standard for HD. The resolution is approximately 4,000 pixels horizontally, hence the name. While mainstream television has yet to focus significantly on it, 4K resolution is gaining traction on streaming sites like Netflix and Amazon Prime.
4K isn’t something everyone can boot up instantly, though. For one, you need to purchase a 4K Ultra HD TV and set it up properly before you can start to watch 4K quality TV—your internet browser won’t cut it.
Streaming 4K on Hulu offers a couple of additional complications. Currently, there are only a limited number of devices can stream Hulu at 4K. Right now, 4K is only available on the Apple TV 4K, Chromecast Ultra, and the Xbox One, with 4K support coming to Amazon Fire TV and LG WebOS devices expected soon.
While some streamers require a premium subscription to stream 4K, Hulu doesn’t an upgraded subscription. However, you will need a 16 Mbps internet connection to watch 4K content on Hulu.
The amount of content that streams 4K on Hulu is also incredibly limited. Unfortunately, the only 4K content available on Hulu are some of their original series.
4K Hulu shows
Only a select number of Hulu’s original series are available on 4K right now. Though Hulu launched 4K in 2016, the technology has been retooled with an even more limited library. To date, the only 4K content that is available on Hulu includes shows like:
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- The First
- Castle Rock
- How to stream Hulu in 4K
- The best movies on Hulu
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Here’s what you need to watch on Hulu right now
- Everything you need to know about 4K smart TVs
- Stream 4K TV: The best devices for streaming 4K TV
- What are the best subscription streaming services for 4K?
- The best 4K movies and TV shows on Amazon Prime
- The best 4K movies and shows on Disney+
- Everything you need to know about Roku 4K TV
- What is Ultra HD?
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Brenden Gallagher is a politics reporter and cultural commentator. His work has been published by Motherboard, Complex, and VH1. He’s the co-founder of Beer Money Films, an indie production company. Based in Los Angeles, he works in television drama as a writers assistant.