- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
Kutcher, Kunis debunk divorce rumor—and fans reply with ‘That ‘70s Show’ memes
Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis have a fairytale romance for the ages. After meeting on That ’70s Show in 1998—where they played teenage couple Michael Kelso and Jackie Burkhart (he was her first kiss!)—they eventually hooked up IRL nearly six years after the long-running sitcom ended. Now, they’re happily married with two kids, so of course, all of this makes them a prime target for trashy tabloid gossip fodder.
This time, InTouch Weekly is reporting that “IT’S OVER” between the two in an all-caps cover story. Rather than ignore the claims, the couple addressed them in a cutesy video that Kutcher posted to Instagram.
“Babe, what’s happening, what’s going on?” Kutcher asked his wife. “It’s over between us,” she said, holding up a photo of the magazine cover on her phone. “It’s over between us?” he continued. “Oh, my God, what are we gonna do?”
It’s either a charming debunker or good damage control. Either way, the video has become a social media hit.
They continued their playful back-and-forth, playing dumb as to the divorce allegations. “I felt suffocated,” Kunis deadpanned to the camera.
“You felt suffocated by me? Oh, I was just so overbearing.”
“Also, I took the kids.”
“You took the kids, I don’t get the kids anymore?”
“You had a very dark secret exposed.”
“Oh my gosh, what was the dark secret?”
“I don’t know, I only have this photo.”
“I guess it’s over…” Kutcher lamented in the caption. “Maybe next week my wife will be having twins. For the third time. But who’s counting.”
Other celebs got in on the joke, commenting on Kutcher’s post. “DAMNIT!!! I was gonna take a run at MK!!! I want a refund!” wrote his Punk’d partner in crime, Dax Shepard. “#FakeNews,” added Rumer Willis, the daughter of Kutcher’s ex-wife Demi Moore.
Likewise, fans responded to the joke on Twitter in only the most appropriate way possible—with That ’70s Show memes.
*in kelso’s voice* BURNNNNNNNNN https://t.co/l9jXCY2whe— - (@vikandernews) June 20, 2019
That mustache, though. It’s a good thing there is apparently no trouble in paradise because otherwise, that would be grounds for divorce alone.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.