- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening 3 Months Ago
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Today 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Today 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Today 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Today 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Today 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Today 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Today 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Today 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Today 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Today 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Today 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Today 12:33 PM
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis have a fairytale romance for the ages. After meeting on That ’70s Show in 1998—where they played teenage couple Michael Kelso and Jackie Burkhart (he was her first kiss!)—they eventually hooked up IRL nearly six years after the long-running sitcom ended. Now, they’re happily married with two kids, so of course, all of this makes them a prime target for trashy tabloid gossip fodder.
This time, InTouch Weekly is reporting that “IT’S OVER” between the two in an all-caps cover story. Rather than ignore the claims, the couple addressed them in a cutesy video that Kutcher posted to Instagram.
“Babe, what’s happening, what’s going on?” Kutcher asked his wife. “It’s over between us,” she said, holding up a photo of the magazine cover on her phone. “It’s over between us?” he continued. “Oh, my God, what are we gonna do?”
It’s either a charming debunker or good damage control. Either way, the video has become a social media hit.
They continued their playful back-and-forth, playing dumb as to the divorce allegations. “I felt suffocated,” Kunis deadpanned to the camera.
“You felt suffocated by me? Oh, I was just so overbearing.”
“Also, I took the kids.”
“You took the kids, I don’t get the kids anymore?”
“You had a very dark secret exposed.”
“Oh my gosh, what was the dark secret?”
“I don’t know, I only have this photo.”
“I guess it’s over…” Kutcher lamented in the caption. “Maybe next week my wife will be having twins. For the third time. But who’s counting.”
Other celebs got in on the joke, commenting on Kutcher’s post. “DAMNIT!!! I was gonna take a run at MK!!! I want a refund!” wrote his Punk’d partner in crime, Dax Shepard. “#FakeNews,” added Rumer Willis, the daughter of Kutcher’s ex-wife Demi Moore.
Likewise, fans responded to the joke on Twitter in only the most appropriate way possible—with That ’70s Show memes.
*in kelso’s voice* BURNNNNNNNNN https://t.co/l9jXCY2whe— - (@vikandernews) June 20, 2019
That mustache, though. It’s a good thing there is apparently no trouble in paradise because otherwise, that would be grounds for divorce alone.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.