- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ 11 Months Ago
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Today 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Today 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Today 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Today 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Today 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Today 11:14 AM
- Biden yelling at Warren becomes relatable workplace meme Today 10:33 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard was conservatives’ favorite debater Today 10:07 AM
- ‘Rogue One’ co-writer to direct several episodes, write the pilot for Cassian Andor series Today 9:50 AM
- ‘The Two Popes’: Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce shine in Netflix’s pope comedy Today 8:57 AM
- AOC, ‘Squad’ to endorse Bernie Sanders Today 8:44 AM
- ‘Ghosts of Sugar Land’ explores what happens if your friend joins ISIS Today 7:00 AM
- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
Just when we thought that “Thank U, Next” was the best thing Ariana Grande’s done, she started sharing clips from her new music video for the song.
It appears the new project will be recreating some of the best iconic teen movies from the early 2000s. We’re talking Legally Blonde, Bring It On, and 13 going on 30. And she teased that there are more to come on her Insta story this week.
So how did Ari take on the role of Elle Woods, the aspiring lawyer set to prove that she can have beauty and brains?
Easy, find Paulette Bonafonte, played by Jennifer Coolidge, and throw on a pink top. No blonde hair needed.
Even her dog Toulouse is getting in on the Legally Blonde action, playing wood’s chihuahua Bruiser Woods.
She even found an old orange Mac computer just like Woods had in the movie.
“Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed,” she captioned the shot of herself.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) on
Now is it getting cold in here or is it just her Bring It On remake pictures?
Dressed as one of the Toros from the movie, she captioned one pic “I transferred from Los Angeles, your school has no gymnastics team this is a resort. Ok, I’ve never cheered before so what?”
And like all of her others, added a “#thankunext” for good measure.
She shared a shot of the Clovers as well. Recognize some of the cheerleaders?
Two are the dancers from the “Thank U, Next” performance on The Ellen Degeneres Show.
And we’re not the only ones who are excited. Stars from the original movie are freaking out too.
And while we haven’t seen too much from her 13 going on 30 bit, she did hint that the movie would definitely be making an appearance.
I'm Jenna Rink, big time magazine editor.— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) February 20, 2013
big time magazine editor pic.twitter.com/EqJPawIqtK— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) November 21, 2018
One thing is for sure: Grande is not only portraying a strong female character in her video but also in real life.
Last week Piers Morgan criticized Ellen DeGeneres on Twitter and the pop band Little Mix.
Ellen drooling today over famous men's bodies on #InternationalMensDay2018.— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) November 19, 2018
Yet I've been abused all day for complimenting @hollywills on her legs.
The hypocrisy of modern feminism laid bare..
My column: https://t.co/51EV8fbBvV https://t.co/myUb83jV9C
And Ariana Grande’s mom Joan decided to hit back.
“Honestly what is wrong with you @piersmorgan?” she tweeted. “Didn’t your mother ever teach you, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it! You came for @TheEllenShow yesterday which was disgraceful, she is an angel. @LittleMix today, did you ever hear of paying homage? And..well never mind.”
Honestly what is wrong with you @piersmorgan ? Didn’t your mother ever teach you, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it! You came for @TheEllenShow yesterday which was disgraceful, she is an angel. @LittleMix today, did you ever hear of paying homage? And..well never mind https://t.co/5WBOlL8t6O— Joan Grande (@joangrande) November 21, 2018
And Morgan responded.
Hi Joan, my mother taught me to speak my mind & never be afraid to express honestly held opinion.— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) November 21, 2018
Ellen's a hypocrite - and as for Little Mix, I'd just prefer they use their talent to sell records rather than their nudity.
As your own daughter does...! https://t.co/nCQAsIgoVG
Grande clapped back and it was harsh.
The Twitter-verse was here for it.
@piersmorgan really will say anything to remain relevant... I really don't think you are Litte Mix's or Ariana Grande's target market, and if parents allow their kids to watch these acts who are grown women and can wear what they want THATS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS #boreoff— Katie Campbell (@KatieCampbell_1) November 22, 2018
I give thanks for Ariane Grande and her mom putting manners on piers Morgan. #ThanksgivingEve— Grainne Fox (@grainnefox) November 21, 2018
I don't know much about Ariane Grande but if she keeps jibbing the charlatan and vulgarian that is Piers Morgan, I'm going to start buying her records. (My usual tastes are the Fall, the Clash and the Jam.) https://t.co/fWmzxJG4G7— An Irish Scene (@Spackymartin) November 22, 2018
I hope Piers Morgan has said he is sorry to Ariane Grande #Love— paul wragg (@toolguypaul) June 4, 2017
Thankful today for Ariana Grande continually dunking on Piers Morgan— Brian with an i and no burners (@BrianKane36) November 22, 2018
Maybe God really is a woman. Maybe he’s Ariana Grande.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.