- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Today 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Today 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Today 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Today 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Today 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Today 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Today 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Today 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Today 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Today 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
Reese Witherspoon sends a special message to a sick ‘Legally Blonde’ fan
She made the video after receiving the message from his mom.
Elle Woods put the pink back on to cheer up one of her younger fans.
Actress Reese Witherspoon recently received an email from a mom whose 4-year-old son Will was undergoing a battle with cancer in the Midwest. Will’s currently in the hospital, and one of the only things that will constantly cheer him up is when Legally Blonde, one of Witherspoon’s biggest movies, appears on TV (sometimes up to four times a day).
“When he feels good enough to want something, he wants Legos and ‘The Pink Girl,’” Will’s mom wrote. “He finds comfort in it and loves the Pink Lady.”
She asked for the message to be forwarded to Witherspoon and, if she was willing, for her to take a picture with a sign that said “TeamWill,” to cheer him up (as well as herself). Eventually, Witherspoon received the message and not only gave him a photo, she made a video as well.
“My name is Reese and I’m the Pink Lady,” she said. “I heard from a few people out there that you’re a big fan of my movie, Legally Blonde. And I just wanted to let you know that me and Bruiser said hi.”
On Instagram, she posted a longer message for Will and his mom.
“I wanted you to know that I made this sign in your honor—and I’m sending a big big hug and my hope and prayers,” she wrote. “Just know—I’m a really big fan of YOURS!”
Will’s got a powerful fan in his court.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.