- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Today 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Today 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Reese Witherspoon sends a special message to a sick ‘Legally Blonde’ fan
She made the video after receiving the message from his mom.
Elle Woods put the pink back on to cheer up one of her younger fans.
Actress Reese Witherspoon recently received an email from a mom whose 4-year-old son Will was undergoing a battle with cancer in the Midwest. Will’s currently in the hospital, and one of the only things that will constantly cheer him up is when Legally Blonde, one of Witherspoon’s biggest movies, appears on TV (sometimes up to four times a day).
“When he feels good enough to want something, he wants Legos and ‘The Pink Girl,’” Will’s mom wrote. “He finds comfort in it and loves the Pink Lady.”
She asked for the message to be forwarded to Witherspoon and, if she was willing, for her to take a picture with a sign that said “TeamWill,” to cheer him up (as well as herself). Eventually, Witherspoon received the message and not only gave him a photo, she made a video as well.
“My name is Reese and I’m the Pink Lady,” she said. “I heard from a few people out there that you’re a big fan of my movie, Legally Blonde. And I just wanted to let you know that me and Bruiser said hi.”
On Instagram, she posted a longer message for Will and his mom.
“I wanted you to know that I made this sign in your honor—and I’m sending a big big hug and my hope and prayers,” she wrote. “Just know—I’m a really big fan of YOURS!”
Will’s got a powerful fan in his court.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.