- Devin Nunes is suing Twitter over parody accounts of his mom, cow Monday 8:15 PM
- The best new movies at SXSW 2019 Monday 7:55 PM
- #AbledsAreWeird demonstrates how not to treat people with disabilities Monday 7:33 PM
- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Monday 5:03 PM
- ‘Love, Death & Robots’ suffers from blatant sexism Monday 4:38 PM
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’ Monday 4:07 PM
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content Monday 3:55 PM
- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender Monday 1:24 PM
- Katrina Pierson supports Trump tweeting more about Fox than New Zealand shooting Monday 1:19 PM
- PewDiePie’s alt-right ties are impossible to ignore Monday 1:05 PM
- With this blade, I protect this meme Monday 12:48 PM
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post Monday 12:39 PM
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously Monday 12:10 PM
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Monday 11:32 AM
Reese Witherspoon sends a special message to a sick ‘Legally Blonde’ fan
She made the video after receiving the message from his mom.
Elle Woods put the pink back on to cheer up one of her younger fans.
Actress Reese Witherspoon recently received an email from a mom whose 4-year-old son Will was undergoing a battle with cancer in the Midwest. Will’s currently in the hospital, and one of the only things that will constantly cheer him up is when Legally Blonde, one of Witherspoon’s biggest movies, appears on TV (sometimes up to four times a day).
“When he feels good enough to want something, he wants Legos and ‘The Pink Girl,’” Will’s mom wrote. “He finds comfort in it and loves the Pink Lady.”
She asked for the message to be forwarded to Witherspoon and, if she was willing, for her to take a picture with a sign that said “TeamWill,” to cheer him up (as well as herself). Eventually, Witherspoon received the message and not only gave him a photo, she made a video as well.
“My name is Reese and I’m the Pink Lady,” she said. “I heard from a few people out there that you’re a big fan of my movie, Legally Blonde. And I just wanted to let you know that me and Bruiser said hi.”
On Instagram, she posted a longer message for Will and his mom.
“I wanted you to know that I made this sign in your honor—and I’m sending a big big hug and my hope and prayers,” she wrote. “Just know—I’m a really big fan of YOURS!”
Will’s got a powerful fan in his court.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.