- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
Paparazzi recently photographed Craig toting his and Rachel Weisz’s daughter in the baby sling, as many parents do when they don’t want to push a stroller. Then came the unsolicited commentary from Morgan, who said wearing a baby carrier is emasculating.
Morgan tweeted, “Oh 007… not you as well?!!! #papoose #emasculatedBond.”
People immediately roasted Morgan’s tweet, contending that there’s nothing wrong with a dad using a baby carrier to hold his child.
Piers Morgan comes out in strong opposition towards… (checks notes) parents caring for their children— Evilshai ✡ Frankensteinberger (@avishaiw) October 15, 2018
You can fuck right off. Parenting is an honor and a privilege. Only someone who isn’t a father or who is a shitty father would consider it to be “emasculating”. Asshole.— Tony Bradley (@RealTonyBradley) October 15, 2018
Oh fuck off Piers you mercenary. You’ll honestly say anything for ratings/cash/views.— Adam Hills (@adamhillscomedy) October 15, 2018
People also called Morgan’s own masculinity, or his apparent insecurity about it, into question.
He could be in a bright pink dress, full make up, with a chanel bag and a copy of woman's weekly and still be more of a man then you'll ever be.— Barry Hindmarsh (@BarryHindmarsh) October 15, 2018
I've got an order for some masculinity here? Surname Morgan? pic.twitter.com/XsGFwTnUvR— Rosie SwoooOOOooOOoon (@Invocal) October 15, 2018
Zero people have ever throught, “Piers Morgan is a strong and tough man.”— You’re all fucking lunatics (@whenistheELE) October 15, 2018
James Bond memes added to the humor.
One person’s disturbing use of Photoshop also proved the point.
fixed it for you, Piers: pic.twitter.com/cxSbWVmrpa— Born Miserable (@bornmiserable) October 15, 2018
And some dads even posted photos of themselves with baby carriers.
Of course, Morgan is acting like he doesn’t really care about what others think. He posted more tweets railing against the parenting accessory.
I just hate papooses. I know the shrieking Twitter mob is trying to bully me into liking them - but they will fail in their mission. https://t.co/AcHChn5VNJ— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) October 15, 2018
There’s nothing ‘badass’ about wearing a papoose. They’re the least ‘badass’ things on Planet Earth. https://t.co/rPuIyaVQDN— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) October 15, 2018
Carrying a baby is harder work, but worth it for the unashamedly masculine joy of NOT wearing a papoose. https://t.co/3liJ4CZJGG— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) October 15, 2018
It’s not ‘sexist’ to dislike papooses. https://t.co/h7CokbCszH— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) October 15, 2018
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.