- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Alec Baldwin leaves Twitter again
The 54-year-old actor left the microblog after allegedly sending a tweet comparing himself to George Zimmerman, the man accused of killing teenager Trayvon Martin.
For the second time in six months, actor Alec Baldwin has abandoned Twitter.
And this time is looks like it might be for good.
Following his marriage last weekend to yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas, the 54-year-old actor deactivated his popular account and told the world “It’s been fun.”
It’s unclear why Baldwin deactivated his account but, according to the New York Post, it might have something to do with a recent tirade the actor made where he compared himself to George Zimmerman, the man who was arrested for shooting unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin. The alleged tweet has since been deleted but was archived on Topsy.
“I suppose if the offending paparazzi was wearing a hoodie and I shot him, it would all blow over…” Baldwin tweeted.
The tweet was sent sometime after the actor punched a Daily News photographer for taking a photo of him and Thomas on the street, Reuters reported.
This is the second incident Baldwin has been involved in with a photographer in the past two weeks.
Baldwin abandoned Twitter in December after getting kicked off an American Airlines flight because he refused to stop playing Words With Friends, an iPhone game. The actor triumphantly returned about a month later to wish everyone a happy new year. Who knows, maybe he’ll do the same with July 4 around the corner.
And if he doesn’t, there’s always Thomas’ Twitter account to keep you occupied.
Photo via Vivanista1
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.