- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth 3 Years Ago
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Today 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
Hapless pretty boy Zac Efron is set to costar in a film adaptation of Baywatch. He’s pretty excited about bringing the quintessential ’90s show to the big screen—so excited that he’s posted several selfies of him after a slo-mo beach-running sequence on Instagram.
Like this one, for example, where he totally ate shit mid-run:
Efron’s tuck and roll brought out quite a few skeptics. Many people assumed that the star was pulling the awkward card in order to better connect with his fans while also unleashing some sweet tumbling moves.
Most people didn’t give a flying fuck about his motives, though. They just wanted some dank memes.
And don’t forget Efron’s brief foray into sports entertainment. They don’t call it the small package for nothin’, folks.
Dude should probably throw in the towel on this one—or the cardboard.
As of this writing, Efron has yet to address just how much of a meme he’s become. He’s undoubtedly loving the hell out of it. With the mad cash he’s making and the chiseled physique he’s required to have for his Baywatch role, dude is stacked in more ways than one.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.