- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free 3 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
Zac Efron falls over doing ‘Baywatch’ run, becomes Internet’s newest meme
I’ll be there. Whenever you meme me.
Hapless pretty boy Zac Efron is set to costar in a film adaptation of Baywatch. He’s pretty excited about bringing the quintessential ’90s show to the big screen—so excited that he’s posted several selfies of him after a slo-mo beach-running sequence on Instagram.
Like this one, for example, where he totally ate shit mid-run:
Efron’s tuck and roll brought out quite a few skeptics. Many people assumed that the star was pulling the awkward card in order to better connect with his fans while also unleashing some sweet tumbling moves.
Most people didn’t give a flying fuck about his motives, though. They just wanted some dank memes.
And don’t forget Efron’s brief foray into sports entertainment. They don’t call it the small package for nothin’, folks.
Dude should probably throw in the towel on this one—or the cardboard.
As of this writing, Efron has yet to address just how much of a meme he’s become. He’s undoubtedly loving the hell out of it. With the mad cash he’s making and the chiseled physique he’s required to have for his Baywatch role, dude is stacked in more ways than one.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.