- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
- Microsoft developing voice filters to block ‘toxic’ users on Xbox Live Tuesday 3:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston already has 2 million followers on Instagram Tuesday 3:25 PM
- Why facials oils are a must for your winter skincare routine Tuesday 3:20 PM
- Father of mega-popular Ace Family YouTube channel accused of rape Tuesday 1:59 PM
- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 Tuesday 1:21 PM
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Netflix sued over line about interrogation technique in ‘When They See Us’ Tuesday 12:52 PM
- Twitch streamer says racist trolls got her banned for ‘suggestive’ outfit Tuesday 12:47 PM
YouTube Guide: The Death Star was an inside job!
Star Wars meets 9/11 conspiracy theories, with hilarious results.
With more than 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. In YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) Graham Putnam, “Luke’s Change: an Inside Job”
In a spoof of the 9/11 conspiracy documentary Loose Change, the Galactic Empire is left wondering if the destruction of the Death Star was an inside job. If you think about it, it’s pretty unlikely that one pilot could get past the defensive turrets and make the “impossible shot” of two torpedoes into a two-foot ventilation shaft opening.
2) Roman Atwood, “Little Buzz Prank”
Roman Atwood heads to Panama City Beach during spring break and offers the tourists some “Woody” and “Buzz,” but he’s not talking about weed. He’s just excited about his Woody and Buzz Lightyear action figures.
3) Barely Political, “Walking Dead Homeland!”
Carrie and Brody are on the hunt for Abu Na-Zombie, and their search takes them to the prison held by Rick Grimes and the gang where nobody is sure who is a zombie. Chris Hardwick nerds out halfway through, and in the end Michonne takes charge and takes care of everything.
4) PI BENNETT, “Learning the alphabet with Nicolas Cage”
Having trouble remembering your ABC’s? Nicolas Cage already stole the Declaration of Independence and kidnapped the president, so this should be simple. You just have to put it in the right file.
5) AVbyte, “Doctor Who and The Dalek Companion – The Musical”
The Doctor and the Daleks have been mortal enemies for the past 50 years, but after multiple regenerations, our favorite Time Lord thinks he might have it all wrong and the two races may be able to put that aside and become friends and companions.
Photo via Graham Putnam/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.