- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Some dude on Craigslist wants you to sit in a bathtub of ramen noodles
There’s no accounting for taste.
Every talented chef holds fast to two pieces of conventional wisdom: A watched pot never boils, and noodle soup tastes better when a woman’s been soaking in it.
OK, the latter idea hasn’t quite caught on yet—which explains why very few of the trendy ramen noodle restaurants popping up in New York these days offer lady-infused tonkotsu. So what’s a culinary fetishist to do?
Like you even have to ask.
Disappointed not to qualify for this $175 “talent gig” myself, I took the liberty of volunteering my unsuspecting wife’s services, mainly in order to clarify a few details.
I came across your Craigslist post seeking a woman to soak in a bathtub full of Ramen noodles, and my wife was very intrigued. She wanted to know, however, if there’s a specific type of bathing suit you prefer (bikini, one-piece, etc.) and whether you could tell her what flavor of seasoning you would add before enjoying your dinner later on. Thanks, and all best,
Of course we’ll update this story if and when we receive a reply, though this being Craigslist, one suspects a joke, performance art, or even some elaborate scam.
Our money is on a repost. A mostly identical listing surfaced in 2009, promising some lucky Pittsburgh woman just a buck for five minutes of sitting in broth. Can a merger of the Playboy Channel and the Food Network be far off?
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'