- Hong Kong protesters wear LeBron James masks Wednesday 7:58 PM
- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
Some dude on Craigslist wants you to sit in a bathtub of ramen noodles
There’s no accounting for taste.
Every talented chef holds fast to two pieces of conventional wisdom: A watched pot never boils, and noodle soup tastes better when a woman’s been soaking in it.
OK, the latter idea hasn’t quite caught on yet—which explains why very few of the trendy ramen noodle restaurants popping up in New York these days offer lady-infused tonkotsu. So what’s a culinary fetishist to do?
Like you even have to ask.
Disappointed not to qualify for this $175 “talent gig” myself, I took the liberty of volunteering my unsuspecting wife’s services, mainly in order to clarify a few details.
I came across your Craigslist post seeking a woman to soak in a bathtub full of Ramen noodles, and my wife was very intrigued. She wanted to know, however, if there’s a specific type of bathing suit you prefer (bikini, one-piece, etc.) and whether you could tell her what flavor of seasoning you would add before enjoying your dinner later on. Thanks, and all best,
Of course we’ll update this story if and when we receive a reply, though this being Craigslist, one suspects a joke, performance art, or even some elaborate scam.
Our money is on a repost. A mostly identical listing surfaced in 2009, promising some lucky Pittsburgh woman just a buck for five minutes of sitting in broth. Can a merger of the Playboy Channel and the Food Network be far off?
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'