- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Tuesday 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Tuesday 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Tuesday 10:23 AM
Some dude on Craigslist wants you to sit in a bathtub of ramen noodles
There’s no accounting for taste.
Every talented chef holds fast to two pieces of conventional wisdom: A watched pot never boils, and noodle soup tastes better when a woman’s been soaking in it.
OK, the latter idea hasn’t quite caught on yet—which explains why very few of the trendy ramen noodle restaurants popping up in New York these days offer lady-infused tonkotsu. So what’s a culinary fetishist to do?
Like you even have to ask.
Disappointed not to qualify for this $175 “talent gig” myself, I took the liberty of volunteering my unsuspecting wife’s services, mainly in order to clarify a few details.
I came across your Craigslist post seeking a woman to soak in a bathtub full of Ramen noodles, and my wife was very intrigued. She wanted to know, however, if there’s a specific type of bathing suit you prefer (bikini, one-piece, etc.) and whether you could tell her what flavor of seasoning you would add before enjoying your dinner later on. Thanks, and all best,
Of course we’ll update this story if and when we receive a reply, though this being Craigslist, one suspects a joke, performance art, or even some elaborate scam.
Our money is on a repost. A mostly identical listing surfaced in 2009, promising some lucky Pittsburgh woman just a buck for five minutes of sitting in broth. Can a merger of the Playboy Channel and the Food Network be far off?
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'