- The coolest Easter eggs in HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ 3 Years Ago
- Billie Eilish hit herself in the face with a mic—and reminded us why we love her 3 Years Ago
- Review: Wyze’s budget security cams easily compete with big-name brands Today 7:16 AM
- Review: Jedi: Fallen Order knows why you love Star Wars Today 7:00 AM
- Actor Amanda Seales pushes back on #FreeRodneyReed movement Monday 10:58 PM
- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
For some reason, in the first part of the twenty-first century, kids got interested in farming again. Not the hot sweaty kind that smells bad, but the virtual kind where you grow digital corn fields and your pigs and chickens love you.
Then in 2012, Washington and Colorado became the first states to legalize marijuana for recreational use. In retrospect, it’s surprising it took this long to happen but, ladies and gentlemen, finally there is going to be a farming game all about growing cannabis.
It’s brought to you by none other than Wiz Khalifa.
The smartphone app, called Wiz Khalifa’s Weed Farm is a collaboration between Warner Music Artist Services and Metamoki, a boutique game studio. According to a press release, “The game strives to create an authentic experience, capturing the state of the marijuana industry by seizing opportunities in entrepreneurial fashion, reinvesting into business, and compounding returns. In subsequent releases, the player will be able to expand their operations across the U.S. and eventually the entire world as weed is legalized within the game.”
As far as a spokesperson goes, Khalifa is the excellent choice for the game, having once told a reporter that he spends over $10,000 a month on weed. Although if you’re looking for someone to represent both marijuana and farming, Willie Nelson seems like the obvious choice.
The game will be available on the App Store and Google Play starting on, you guessed it, April 20th.
H/T A.V. Club
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.