- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Wiz Khalifa’s new farming game lets you grow virtual marijuana
Grow yourself some marijuana on Wiz Khalifa’s virtual farming game.
For some reason, in the first part of the twenty-first century, kids got interested in farming again. Not the hot sweaty kind that smells bad, but the virtual kind where you grow digital corn fields and your pigs and chickens love you.
Then in 2012, Washington and Colorado became the first states to legalize marijuana for recreational use. In retrospect, it’s surprising it took this long to happen but, ladies and gentlemen, finally there is going to be a farming game all about growing cannabis.
It’s brought to you by none other than Wiz Khalifa.
The smartphone app, called Wiz Khalifa’s Weed Farm is a collaboration between Warner Music Artist Services and Metamoki, a boutique game studio. According to a press release, “The game strives to create an authentic experience, capturing the state of the marijuana industry by seizing opportunities in entrepreneurial fashion, reinvesting into business, and compounding returns. In subsequent releases, the player will be able to expand their operations across the U.S. and eventually the entire world as weed is legalized within the game.”
As far as a spokesperson goes, Khalifa is the excellent choice for the game, having once told a reporter that he spends over $10,000 a month on weed. Although if you’re looking for someone to represent both marijuana and farming, Willie Nelson seems like the obvious choice.
The game will be available on the App Store and Google Play starting on, you guessed it, April 20th.
H/T A.V. Club
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.