- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football 2 Years Ago
- How to stream the NFL’s Week 15 for free 2 Years Ago
- An undecorated room sets off a debate on Twitter 2 Years Ago
- Netflix announces Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ concert film Today 11:29 AM
- People are making memes out of these ‘leaked’ ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ posters Today 11:12 AM
- How to watch the Liga MX final between Club América and Cruz Azul online for free Today 10:38 AM
- Parents shocked by KKK costumes in school play Today 10:11 AM
- Learn why light therapy is the key to keeping winter skin at bay Today 9:38 AM
- Laura Loomer says she’s been banned from GoFundMe Today 9:14 AM
- Here’s why we might not see the Defenders on Disney+ anytime soon Today 9:09 AM
- Trump declares that he never told Michael Cohen to do any crimes Today 8:37 AM
- What does this toy ‘dinosaur’ look like to you? Today 8:18 AM
- Jose Canseco takes a swing at becoming Trump’s next chief of staff Today 8:11 AM
- Taylor Swift uses facial recognition to ID stalkers at concert Today 7:54 AM
- ‘Watership Down’ dazzles with its voice cast. The animation, not so much Today 7:18 AM
Wiz Khalifa’s new farming game lets you grow virtual marijuana
Grow yourself some marijuana on Wiz Khalifa’s virtual farming game.
For some reason, in the first part of the twenty-first century, kids got interested in farming again. Not the hot sweaty kind that smells bad, but the virtual kind where you grow digital corn fields and your pigs and chickens love you.
Then in 2012, Washington and Colorado became the first states to legalize marijuana for recreational use. In retrospect, it’s surprising it took this long to happen but, ladies and gentlemen, finally there is going to be a farming game all about growing cannabis.
It’s brought to you by none other than Wiz Khalifa.
The smartphone app, called Wiz Khalifa’s Weed Farm is a collaboration between Warner Music Artist Services and Metamoki, a boutique game studio. According to a press release, “The game strives to create an authentic experience, capturing the state of the marijuana industry by seizing opportunities in entrepreneurial fashion, reinvesting into business, and compounding returns. In subsequent releases, the player will be able to expand their operations across the U.S. and eventually the entire world as weed is legalized within the game.”
As far as a spokesperson goes, Khalifa is the excellent choice for the game, having once told a reporter that he spends over $10,000 a month on weed. Although if you’re looking for someone to represent both marijuana and farming, Willie Nelson seems like the obvious choice.
The game will be available on the App Store and Google Play starting on, you guessed it, April 20th.
H/T A.V. Club
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.