- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Friday 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Friday 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Friday 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Friday 10:44 AM
As a journalist, every now and then you score an interview so potentially career-changing, you can’t help but freak out. For me, that interview was with Twitter’s coolest bagel, the Simple Bagel.
Before interviewing Simple Bagel, I had some trepidation: Would she be as charming as her Twitter presence suggests? Would she recognize that my love for bagels is genuine and runs deep?
In honor of National Bagel Day (which is today), I caught up with this comical carb to find out more about how she’s celebrating this special day, her greatest fears, and if she’s spending Valentine’s Day alone.
Happy National Bagel Day! How are you celebrating?
staring into the blank void
When were you first baked into existence?
you know how the caveman invented the wheel??? jokes on you that was a bagel
How did you find out about Twitter?
im a bagel im not 85
I know you’re a simple bagel, but are you a particular flavor? Sesame? Cinnamon Raisin?
that’s a little rude??
You’re very introspective for a simple carb. Where do you draw your inspiration?
I cant draw because i’m literally a circle
You say in your bio that you’re “a simple bagel with a not so simple dream.” What is your dream?
sometimes i dream about this one ant i saw when i was sitting on the counter
What do you most like to have on top of you? Cream cheese? Lox?
a lot of money
What would you say to a person who complains that bagels have too many carbs?
i’m literally a zero which means zero carbs
What’s your favorite movie?
the hannah montana & miley cyrus: best of both worlds 3d concert 2 disc extended edition.
Are you single?
i guess you could say i have a baegel haha just kidding i’m so alone
I don’t encourage cannibalism, but if you had to eat another bagel, what kind would it be?
one time i thought about licking a crust piece off the floor but i dont have a tongue
In my opinion, the best bagels are in New York. Agree or disagree?
i feel like ur trying to get me to taste a bagel……………?
Fill in the blank: The world would be a better place if _____.
toasters were illegal
What is your greatest fear?
id say toasters but i don’t want to give them that power
Thoughts on bialys?
id prefer not to say. but if i did i’d say they’re posers and not to be trusted.
I also asked Simple Bagel if she had any questions for humanity. She only had one:
Photo via saragoldsmith/Flickr (CC 2.0)
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.