- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE 5 Years Ago
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week 5 Years Ago
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Today 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Today 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Today 12:28 PM
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy Today 12:17 PM
- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid Today 12:06 PM
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga Today 11:59 AM
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
This ended in disaster. But don’t worry—she’s all right.
Note to anyone trying to twerk out of a moving car with the side door hanging open: Don’t. You will fail.
Case in point: this vine of a young woman doing the Whip Dance to “Lil Bit” by K Camp until she rolls into the street. It’s been played more than 6.3 million times.
“Good thing I caught it on camera,” wrote user Futuremodel_, who hasn’t provided a lot of context for the video.
Most important: Is this girl all right after falling out of the car?
A Media Takeout post titled “Teenage Girl Is RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL” suggests the dancer suffered a neck and spine injury and is now in a coma. That’s probably a hoax, though: According to Futuremodel_’s vine, her friend is OK. “She’s just a little ashy—that’s it!” she says.
Here’s the YouTube version of the video. You can see what looks like the window going up, potentially causing her to quickly move her hand, lose her balance, and fall out of the car. Fortunately, the vehicle doesn’t look like it’s going too fast.
And on Instagram, you can see a longer cut:
I reached out to the original poster for comment but haven’t heard back. If you know anything about the girl who fell out of a car twerking—could the cause be Jimmy Kimmel, like the great viral twerk fire fail of 2013?—please email cooper at dailydot dot com.
Update Jan. 19, 6pm: @Futuremodel_ clarified to me in a tweet that her friend wasn’t twerking—she was doing the Whip Dance. She also said of her friend, “Yes she’s perfectly fine.”
Screengrab via Vine
A former assigning editor for the Daily Dot, Cooper Fleishman's work focused on the web culture and niche internet communities. He joined Mic as a senior editor in 2015. His work has been published by HyperVocal and the Good Men Project, and he previously copyedited for Rolling Stone, Men's Journal, and Us Weekly.