- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
This ended in disaster. But don’t worry—she’s all right.
Note to anyone trying to twerk out of a moving car with the side door hanging open: Don’t. You will fail.
Case in point: this vine of a young woman doing the Whip Dance to “Lil Bit” by K Camp until she rolls into the street. It’s been played more than 6.3 million times.
“Good thing I caught it on camera,” wrote user Futuremodel_, who hasn’t provided a lot of context for the video.
Most important: Is this girl all right after falling out of the car?
A Media Takeout post titled “Teenage Girl Is RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL” suggests the dancer suffered a neck and spine injury and is now in a coma. That’s probably a hoax, though: According to Futuremodel_’s vine, her friend is OK. “She’s just a little ashy—that’s it!” she says.
Here’s the YouTube version of the video. You can see what looks like the window going up, potentially causing her to quickly move her hand, lose her balance, and fall out of the car. Fortunately, the vehicle doesn’t look like it’s going too fast.
And on Instagram, you can see a longer cut:
I reached out to the original poster for comment but haven’t heard back. If you know anything about the girl who fell out of a car twerking—could the cause be Jimmy Kimmel, like the great viral twerk fire fail of 2013?—please email cooper at dailydot dot com.
Update Jan. 19, 6pm: @Futuremodel_ clarified to me in a tweet that her friend wasn’t twerking—she was doing the Whip Dance. She also said of her friend, “Yes she’s perfectly fine.”
Screengrab via Vine
A former assigning editor for the Daily Dot, Cooper Fleishman's work focused on the web culture and niche internet communities. He joined Mic as a senior editor in 2015. His work has been published by HyperVocal and the Good Men Project, and he previously copyedited for Rolling Stone, Men's Journal, and Us Weekly.