- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian 5 Years Ago
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Today 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Today 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
A girl twerked so hard she fell out of a moving car
This ended in disaster. But don’t worry—she’s all right.
Note to anyone trying to twerk out of a moving car with the side door hanging open: Don’t. You will fail.
Case in point: this vine of a young woman doing the Whip Dance to “Lil Bit” by K Camp until she rolls into the street. It’s been played more than 6.3 million times.
“Good thing I caught it on camera,” wrote user Futuremodel_, who hasn’t provided a lot of context for the video.
Most important: Is this girl all right after falling out of the car?
A Media Takeout post titled “Teenage Girl Is RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL” suggests the dancer suffered a neck and spine injury and is now in a coma. That’s probably a hoax, though: According to Futuremodel_’s vine, her friend is OK. “She’s just a little ashy—that’s it!” she says.
Here’s the YouTube version of the video. You can see what looks like the window going up, potentially causing her to quickly move her hand, lose her balance, and fall out of the car. Fortunately, the vehicle doesn’t look like it’s going too fast.
And on Instagram, you can see a longer cut:
I reached out to the original poster for comment but haven’t heard back. If you know anything about the girl who fell out of a car twerking—could the cause be Jimmy Kimmel, like the great viral twerk fire fail of 2013?—please email cooper at dailydot dot com.
Update Jan. 19, 6pm: @Futuremodel_ clarified to me in a tweet that her friend wasn’t twerking—she was doing the Whip Dance. She also said of her friend, “Yes she’s perfectly fine.”
Screengrab via Vine
A former assigning editor for the Daily Dot, Cooper Fleishman's work focused on the web culture and niche internet communities. He joined Mic as a senior editor in 2015. His work has been published by HyperVocal and the Good Men Project, and he previously copyedited for Rolling Stone, Men's Journal, and Us Weekly.