- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side 3 Years Ago
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint 3 Years Ago
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords 3 Years Ago
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Today 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah Today 11:12 AM
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
Donald Trump has made many offensive statements over the course of his presidential campaign. But nothing seems to turn voters off quite like his icky comments about his daughter Ivanka.
Seriously, this vine haunts our dreams.
But what if we’ve got him all wrong? What if the sickness is in us? What if its our own perversion that has sullied a good man’s innocent adoration for his daughter?
Well then, perhaps these photos of Ivanka on her father’s lap aren’t sexual at all.
That’s the premise of a Change.org petition urging Trump to dispell the rumors that his affection for his daughter is, um, well, let’s just say a little un-kosher?
Petition author Andrew Ti writes,
What kind of country is it where a man [can be] shamed for saying to Rolling Stone that “Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father …
Or face ridicule for telling Howard Stern that his daughter, Ivanka, has “the best body.”
Or have Liberal Jokesters on Twitter make fun of a powerful, very secure, Republican candidate for President, simply because they want to imply that there is something extremely creepy about multiple photoshoots you took with your teenage daughter sitting on your lap.
Indeed. What happened to life, liberty, and the pursuit of intimate moments with your adult children?
Ti adds that the solution is simple:
“Donald Trump, to help put these pathetic accusations and insinuations to rest once and for all, for the sake of your supporters, you MUST dispel these rumors and prove that there is nothing untoward about your relationship with your family members, by staging a photoshoot with each and every one of the rest of your children, Donald Jr., Eric, Tiffany, and Barron, where they are sitting on their old man’s lap, normal style.”
Oh wow. Now this is a Christmas Card we’d pay good money to see.
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.