- George Lucas met Baby Yoda, and we can’t handle it 3 Years Ago
- Apple TV+’s ‘Little America’ shines a light on immigrant stories Today 8:00 AM
- Eminem drops surprise album—and Ariana Grande fans are furious Today 7:53 AM
- The first photos from the Discworld TV series are not what you’d expect Today 7:33 AM
- Vox Day, ‘alt-right’ racist, is absolutely thriving online Today 7:30 AM
- Why women are getting mysterious greeting cards from ‘Jenny B.’ Today 6:22 AM
- Gwyneth Paltrow peddles pseudoscience in ‘Goop Lab’ Netflix series Today 6:18 AM
- ‘Avenue 5’ packs in laughs and unevenness in a shaky launch into space Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ director Taika Waititi may make a ‘Star Wars’ movie Today 5:50 AM
- Pornhub sued by deaf man who wants closed captioning in videos Thursday 7:52 PM
- 70,000 Tinder photos of women are being circulated in cybercrime forum Thursday 7:26 PM
- YouTuber faces backlash for using paper towels to soak up an entire swimming pool Thursday 6:54 PM
- Trump’s latest impeachment tweet inspires perfect meme Thursday 6:07 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ fans dredge up new cast member’s racist tweets Thursday 4:53 PM
- This Bernie Sanders subreddit just banned all content from CNN Thursday 3:52 PM
Donald Trump has made many offensive statements over the course of his presidential campaign. But nothing seems to turn voters off quite like his icky comments about his daughter Ivanka.
Seriously, this vine haunts our dreams.
But what if we’ve got him all wrong? What if the sickness is in us? What if its our own perversion that has sullied a good man’s innocent adoration for his daughter?
Well then, perhaps these photos of Ivanka on her father’s lap aren’t sexual at all.
That’s the premise of a Change.org petition urging Trump to dispell the rumors that his affection for his daughter is, um, well, let’s just say a little un-kosher?
Petition author Andrew Ti writes,
What kind of country is it where a man [can be] shamed for saying to Rolling Stone that “Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father …
Or face ridicule for telling Howard Stern that his daughter, Ivanka, has “the best body.”
Or have Liberal Jokesters on Twitter make fun of a powerful, very secure, Republican candidate for President, simply because they want to imply that there is something extremely creepy about multiple photoshoots you took with your teenage daughter sitting on your lap.
Indeed. What happened to life, liberty, and the pursuit of intimate moments with your adult children?
Ti adds that the solution is simple:
“Donald Trump, to help put these pathetic accusations and insinuations to rest once and for all, for the sake of your supporters, you MUST dispel these rumors and prove that there is nothing untoward about your relationship with your family members, by staging a photoshoot with each and every one of the rest of your children, Donald Jr., Eric, Tiffany, and Barron, where they are sitting on their old man’s lap, normal style.”
Oh wow. Now this is a Christmas Card we’d pay good money to see.
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.