- Seed University might actually be the first good influencer school Tuesday 9:35 PM
- Black couple says they were accused of stealing during marriage proposal Tuesday 6:57 PM
- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony Tuesday 6:00 PM
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Tuesday 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Tuesday 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Tuesday 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Tuesday 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Tuesday 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Tuesday 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Tuesday 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Tuesday 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Tuesday 12:41 PM
This trash bin that looks like Donald Trump is getting gloriously photoshopped
Where will Donald the Bin show up next?
The wily bloggers at U.K. humor site The Poke have discovered a Parisian trash bin that looks uncannily like the 45th president of the United States, Donald J. Trump. Donald the Bin has a cardboard box for a face, and a perfectly angled yellow trash lid for hair, rendering him almost as lifelike as the real thing.
The original photo, which dates back to 2014, was taken by Thomas Regembal in Belleville, Paris, and was captioned “Poubelleville”—a punny French way of saying “Trashcanville.” At the time, it had nothing to do with Donald Trump.
But now that Trashcanville is another name for America, the photo is newly relevant, and the Poke has turned it into a character called Donald the Bin.
The site’s latest Photoshop challenge asked fans to “do your wonderful stuff” with Donald the Bin. And oh, the places he went…
Here he is at a festival:
Here he is taking away women’s rights:
Here he is meeting with his cabinet:
And riding with Putin:
And hanging out with bungling Brexiteer Nigel Farage:
And using Twitter. His tweets are total trash.
There are literally hundreds of these now. If the London Women’s March didn’t make it clear enough that a lot of people in the U.K. are opposed to President Trump, perhaps this hashtag will do the trick.
I’ll leave you with the best one, where Donald the Bin is fleeing Creepers in Minecraft:
Well, that’s one place he could realistically afford to build a wall: in a video game.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.