- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign 3 Years Ago
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
- Disney’s Obi-Wan Kenobi miniseries is now on hold Today 6:47 AM
The wily bloggers at U.K. humor site The Poke have discovered a Parisian trash bin that looks uncannily like the 45th president of the United States, Donald J. Trump. Donald the Bin has a cardboard box for a face, and a perfectly angled yellow trash lid for hair, rendering him almost as lifelike as the real thing.
The original photo, which dates back to 2014, was taken by Thomas Regembal in Belleville, Paris, and was captioned “Poubelleville”—a punny French way of saying “Trashcanville.” At the time, it had nothing to do with Donald Trump.
But now that Trashcanville is another name for America, the photo is newly relevant, and the Poke has turned it into a character called Donald the Bin.
The site’s latest Photoshop challenge asked fans to “do your wonderful stuff” with Donald the Bin. And oh, the places he went…
Here he is at a festival:
Here he is taking away women’s rights:
Here he is meeting with his cabinet:
And riding with Putin:
And hanging out with bungling Brexiteer Nigel Farage:
And using Twitter. His tweets are total trash.
There are literally hundreds of these now. If the London Women’s March didn’t make it clear enough that a lot of people in the U.K. are opposed to President Trump, perhaps this hashtag will do the trick.
I’ll leave you with the best one, where Donald the Bin is fleeing Creepers in Minecraft:
Well, that’s one place he could realistically afford to build a wall: in a video game.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.