- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas 4 Years Ago
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans 4 Years Ago
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors 4 Years Ago
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Sunday 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Sunday 10:00 AM
Riders and viewers of this year’s Tour de France received an unsolicited dick pic this weekend. Someone spray-painted a giant penis along the race course.
Riders are currently pushing through early stages of the competition that stretches over 2,000 miles around France. On Friday, a handful of viewers noticed the blatant vandalism along the road, and, naturally, were quite perplexed.
A large phallus appeared on screen briefly as riders crossed over the white paint, but the network quickly cut away.
I legit just saw all the bikers pass over a giant spray paint dick on the road in the Tour de France.
— Brand (@BRANDXIV) July 3, 2016
Watching the Tour de France, people drew a giant chalk dick on the road reminiscent of a JFH drawing. Very clear on the tv, made my day!
— Brine (@BurrbQ) July 3, 2016
someone spray painted a penis on le Tour de France course, just shown on live TV 😂
— Zeke Elkins (@zekaptain) July 3, 2016
Now in its 103rd year, 198 male riders (22 teams with 9 riders each) will spend 21 days riding through France, beginning on its northwest coast and ending in Paris.
It’s not the first time someone has vandalized the course. For instance, in 2012, someone threw tacks on the road, causing a number of flat tires, crashes, and injuries. Compared to the tack incident, this year’s naughty graffiti is totally harmless, and if anything, makes the Tour de France much more watchable. Because riders, and viewers, still have a long way to go.
Selena Larson is a technology reporter based in San Francisco who writes about the intersection of technology and culture. Her work explores new technologies and the way they impact industries, human behavior, and security and privacy. Since leaving the Daily Dot, she's reported for CNN Money and done technical writing for cybersecurity firm Dragos.