- This viral video of Pope Francis not letting anyone kiss his hand is weird 5 Years Ago
- What does the EU’s Copyright Directive mean for the future of the internet? 5 Years Ago
- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case Today 3:51 PM
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life Today 3:47 PM
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Today 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Today 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Today 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Today 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Today 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Today 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Today 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
Forrest Gump and Captain Phillips are the same person?!
What if every Tom Hanks movie, from Forrest Gump to this year’s Captain Phillips, is just a larger part of one epic story?
The actor has been portraying ordinary men put into extraordinary situations for years, but what we haven’t realized until now is that we’ve just been watching pieces of a single film released sporadically over the years.
At least, that’s the theory behind this amazing trailer for Tom Hanks: The Movie from YouTube’s Official Comedy channel.
Leaving out the romantic comedies (and with only a flash of one iconic cowboy), there’s enough of a link between each of the films to take Forrest Gump on a journey to become Captain Phillips.
In case you’re not following the action, the top comment on YouTube sums it up perfectly:
“So basically Tom Hanks graduates from college and joins the space program to be an astronaut, but then he gets stuck in space, then he gets rescued, but his ship fails to land in the correct place, landing in remote waters next to a remote island and he’s stuck on that island, then he goes out to the sea to escape and then he’s found by a large cargo ship and drops his space travel career and eventually becomes the captain of that ship.”
After all that, a little encounter with some Somali pirates should be a walk in the park, right?
Photo via OfficialComedy/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.