- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid 1 Year Ago
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle 1 Year Ago
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid 1 Year Ago
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy 1 Year Ago
- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid Today 12:06 PM
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga Today 11:59 AM
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
He didn’t win the game, but Brady’s trench coat won him some new fans.
Well, Super Bowl LII is over. The Eagles defeated the Patriots 41-33, and Philly has a lot of cleaning up to do today. But we still have some questions for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Is he moonlighting as a spy? Is he auditioning for a new band? Is he the key to an internet conspiracy theory?
Before the game on Sunday, Brady arrived at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis wearing a snazzy gray trench coat (collar popped!) over a black turtleneck. He completed the look with a pair of dark sunglasses and earphones. Video footage of Brady in his ensemble was soon turned into a meme.
The internet thought that Brady was dressed like a ventriloquist.
tom brady lookin like if the arcade fire added a fuckin ventriloquist dummy to their band pic.twitter.com/HcmtbjDpeE— Cullen Crawford (@HelloCullen) February 4, 2018
Or David Bowie.
jim schwartz is a good coach but you have to think that he didn't gameplan for stopping tom brady playing as david bowie playing tom brady pic.twitter.com/9nUlNq8nmg— Muscular Baby (@Mobute) February 4, 2018
Or a James Bond villain.
Tom Brady looks like an actual James Bond villain pic.twitter.com/0Zf16s68JN— Ben McDonald (@Bmac0507) February 4, 2018
Or Jason Bourne’s assassin.
Tom Brady is either going to win the Super Bowl or die while trying to assassinate Jason Bourne in Zurich pic.twitter.com/t2oAysqk6v— Jason O. Gilbert (@gilbertjasono) February 4, 2018
There were several “kids in a trench coat” jokes.
*very obviously two kids in a trench coat*— Ronan Farrow (@RonanFarrow) February 4, 2018
“Hi, I’m grown up athlete and husband of Gisele Bundchen Tom Brady.” pic.twitter.com/J0MK5MuwaH
People also guessed what Brady was listening to in his earphones. Interpol, maybe?
Tom Brady is definitely listening to TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS. pic.twitter.com/6Ds4ygZauW— Steven Hyden (@Steven_Hyden) February 4, 2018
But here is the most interesting theory: what if Tom Brady is also fake Melania Trump?
the fake melania was in fact tom brady in a wig: a conspiracy theory pic.twitter.com/uckyQXD8PW— KT NELSON (@KrangTNelson) February 4, 2018
There’s the trench coats, the sunglasses, and the stoic expressions. It all checks out!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.