- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
He didn’t win the game, but Brady’s trench coat won him some new fans.
Well, Super Bowl LII is over. The Eagles defeated the Patriots 41-33, and Philly has a lot of cleaning up to do today. But we still have some questions for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Is he moonlighting as a spy? Is he auditioning for a new band? Is he the key to an internet conspiracy theory?
Before the game on Sunday, Brady arrived at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis wearing a snazzy gray trench coat (collar popped!) over a black turtleneck. He completed the look with a pair of dark sunglasses and earphones. Video footage of Brady in his ensemble was soon turned into a meme.
The internet thought that Brady was dressed like a ventriloquist.
tom brady lookin like if the arcade fire added a fuckin ventriloquist dummy to their band pic.twitter.com/HcmtbjDpeE
— Cullen Crawford (@HelloCullen) February 4, 2018
Or David Bowie.
jim schwartz is a good coach but you have to think that he didn't gameplan for stopping tom brady playing as david bowie playing tom brady pic.twitter.com/9nUlNq8nmg
— Muscular Baby (@Mobute) February 4, 2018
Or a James Bond villain.
Tom Brady looks like an actual James Bond villain pic.twitter.com/0Zf16s68JN
— Ben McDonald (@Bmac0507) February 4, 2018
Or Jason Bourne’s assassin.
Tom Brady is either going to win the Super Bowl or die while trying to assassinate Jason Bourne in Zurich pic.twitter.com/t2oAysqk6v
— Jason O. Gilbert (@gilbertjasono) February 4, 2018
There were several “kids in a trench coat” jokes.
*very obviously two kids in a trench coat*
“Hi, I’m grown up athlete and husband of Gisele Bundchen Tom Brady.” pic.twitter.com/J0MK5MuwaH
— Ronan Farrow (@RonanFarrow) February 4, 2018
People also guessed what Brady was listening to in his earphones. Interpol, maybe?
Tom Brady is definitely listening to TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS. pic.twitter.com/6Ds4ygZauW
— Steven Hyden (@Steven_Hyden) February 4, 2018
But here is the most interesting theory: what if Tom Brady is also fake Melania Trump?
the fake melania was in fact tom brady in a wig: a conspiracy theory pic.twitter.com/uckyQXD8PW
— KT NELSON (@KrangTNelson) February 4, 2018
There’s the trench coats, the sunglasses, and the stoic expressions. It all checks out!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.