- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past 2 Years Ago
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Today 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Today 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Today 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Today 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Today 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
Well, Super Bowl LII is over. The Eagles defeated the Patriots 41-33, and Philly has a lot of cleaning up to do today. But we still have some questions for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Is he moonlighting as a spy? Is he auditioning for a new band? Is he the key to an internet conspiracy theory?
Before the game on Sunday, Brady arrived at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis wearing a snazzy gray trench coat (collar popped!) over a black turtleneck. He completed the look with a pair of dark sunglasses and earphones. Video footage of Brady in his ensemble was soon turned into a meme.
The internet thought that Brady was dressed like a ventriloquist.
tom brady lookin like if the arcade fire added a fuckin ventriloquist dummy to their band pic.twitter.com/HcmtbjDpeE— Cullen Crawford (@HelloCullen) February 4, 2018
Or David Bowie.
jim schwartz is a good coach but you have to think that he didn't gameplan for stopping tom brady playing as david bowie playing tom brady pic.twitter.com/9nUlNq8nmg— Muscular Baby (@Mobute) February 4, 2018
Or a James Bond villain.
Tom Brady looks like an actual James Bond villain pic.twitter.com/0Zf16s68JN— Ben McDonald (@Bmac0507) February 4, 2018
Or Jason Bourne’s assassin.
Tom Brady is either going to win the Super Bowl or die while trying to assassinate Jason Bourne in Zurich pic.twitter.com/t2oAysqk6v— Jason O. Gilbert (@gilbertjasono) February 4, 2018
There were several “kids in a trench coat” jokes.
*very obviously two kids in a trench coat*— Ronan Farrow (@RonanFarrow) February 4, 2018
“Hi, I’m grown up athlete and husband of Gisele Bundchen Tom Brady.” pic.twitter.com/J0MK5MuwaH
People also guessed what Brady was listening to in his earphones. Interpol, maybe?
Tom Brady is definitely listening to TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS. pic.twitter.com/6Ds4ygZauW— Steven Hyden (@Steven_Hyden) February 4, 2018
But here is the most interesting theory: what if Tom Brady is also fake Melania Trump?
the fake melania was in fact tom brady in a wig: a conspiracy theory pic.twitter.com/uckyQXD8PW— KT NELSON (@KrangTNelson) February 4, 2018
There’s the trench coats, the sunglasses, and the stoic expressions. It all checks out!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.